1997 Honda vfr 750

16chaywood

What's missing? There are two spots on my bike with tubes that arent connected to anything, the bike runs and drives.And what is that fluid? Is it an exhaust leak? Also what oil filter can I use on this bike? aae662922bf401b4d0679f0ab33d07e2.jpg075265871097f0e29058c1473c6d1af6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The first photo looks like it's an overflow tube, my 5th and 6th gen had two or three overflow tubes: one for overfilling the tank, one for coolant overflow from the radiator and the third for coolant overflow from the expansion bottle.

The second photo looks like that tube should be connected to your coolant overflow bottle which is that whitish semi-transparent plastic bottle with the black rubber cap you can see in the lower right background of the same photo.

As for the fluid on the floor I'm not sure. Probably maybe coolant?

For oil filter quick search on Google with your year model... Don't buy disposable K&N oil filters though, heard a lot of stories of failure with nasty results (their air filters are OK)

• Member Contributer

i am 99 % sure the second pic is a vac line to the carbs. trace it back . if it is at the carb. remove it. remove the port and replace with a short allen head bolt. there will be 4 ports. keep them for carb sync in the future. 

Archived