What is missing here?! 1994 fuel system.

Bennyboy

Hi,

I'm in a pickle. I've bought a bike and rebuilt the carbs along with some other things. I've never even heard it run and I'm soooooo close to trying to crank it over (tuned it by hand and it moves smoothly).

Read the full story here. I haven't had any replies about my recent issue so I thought I'd post it in this forum...I've got some pretty itchy feet to try and turn her over on my day off today.

I just need to figure out how to get the fuel feed hose to attach to the carbs. It's so simple but as you can see from my picture I'm either missing some sort of adaptor/bridging piece (? 16199-MAL-505 TUBE ?) OR the previous owner has managed to lodge a piece of plastic connector into the feed hose. 

I would really appreciate a guiding voice here. I'm thinking of pulling the plastic part sitting in the hose out and just connecting it to the t-joint. It seems it would make sense but I'm far from a mechanic!

BJ

IMG_9902.JPG

IMG_9904.JPG

Thanks Yoshi - madness that PO thought that feeding into a stainless steel tube lined with plumbers tape would actually hold pressure. The internal diameter of what he used was half of Honda's anyway. Madness!!!!!

Archived