A second bike?

LucaBrasi

For no reason other than "just because" I'm considering buying a second used bike to go with my new this year VFR. Anyone here own a 2014 Ducati Monster 821? I'm probably nuts for even considering it, but it's a great deal on a very clean 821 with 10K miles on it. It's wicked good looking for a naked bike, and then there's that opportunity to own a Ducati, which would be my first. What's stopping me more than anything is space in the garage ...

Those looks sweet. I am thinking Monster 12000 because am afraid an 800cc twin might feel weak after the Tuono.

It will happen.Anyway, no have not tested one, nor owned one.

2 bikes is always a good thing, find room.  They would balance out nicely with each other.  I never had a naked bike until I bought a 919 several years ago and it was one of my most favorite bikes I have ever owned.  Currently a 14 VFR and a TMax scooter are in the garage.  The TMax is under rated but it puts a smile on my face when I ride it.  Get the Duc.

I was going to get the 821 (white is sexy) before I got the VFR. Having owned the VFR for a year and a half, I feel like I would want a second bike to have more power, so I'd probably be more inclined to get the 1200 or a Tuono. If they're not in the price range, though, the lighter weight and more compact feeling of a naked will still be be a pretty big change from the VFR for days when you're feeling a little more spirited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

I kept the VFR for a few years after buying my Street Triple.  The VFR stayed parked, so I sold it.  I'm fortunate to be close to the mountains, but could see the benefit of a fairing if my trips included more interstate. 

Archived