Just Joined

WhiteCharger

O Learned Denizens,

I humbly prostrate myself before you all, etc, etc. New to VFRD after a long time away from VFR fora. Like 20 years long. 

Originally from the UK, living and working in the Bay Area, I have a couple of VFRs on the go. A 1986 VFR FG and a 1988 VFR FJ.

FG has about 28,000 miles on it, I bought it in Minnesota with about 13,000 miles on it but it had had some rather questionable "maintenance" over the years. It's pretty close to where it should be now, although it still has fibreglass race panels I would prefer to replace at some point. 

FJ has rather more miles on it - 77,000 - and a lengthy story. Originally sold in Colchester in Essex, England in 1988, bought by me in 1993 with 20,000 miles on it. Owned until 2012 then sold after a chain failure knocked the corner off the engine on the way to Norfolk. Norfolk in England, not Virginia. Sold to a friend who put an eBay engine in it and ran it until it gave him electrical problems in 2016. He was about to part it out, but since I love it like a brother, I bought it, imported it and have just this very day finally got the California title through. I figure this makes it interesting in the US - as far as I know the the FJ and FK models never came here.

I am sure to come back with questions from time to time, although I do aim to be somewhat self-sufficient...

Damian

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from this side of the pond!

So what do you miss most from The Old Country?  Real ale?  :beer:

Bacon. Without a doubt, the One True Bacon is what I miss the most. Closely followed by Actual Chocolate.

BMW Picture? Sure. But it has to be from the day I collected it. It will never be that clean again...

Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 20.47.06.png

Archived