HISS

weee06

• Member Contributer

Just got a used 2014 vfr800. Do this bike have Hondas HISS system? I don't see it pop up going through the settings. 

• Member Contributer

Mine is totally different on the ignition. When I go through the settings it skips from screen brightness to mph/kph.

IMG_7710.JPG

• Member Contributer

I'm not so sure that you're missing much, not having the HISS stuff.

It makes keys absurdly expensive to purchase and copy.

And I'm not sure what they do up in Canton but here in NYC most of the thieves just brazenly drive up to the bike in a stolen van, pick the bikes up and pull 'em in.  Any time day or night, and bystanders are hardly an impediment.  Keeping them from starting the bike after pulling the lock cylinder with a slap hammer isn't an impediment to theft.

• Member Contributer

Here they use (stolen) scooters.  The scrotes ride up on several scooters, one breaks the steering lock and another works on the chain/lock.  Once they've got the steering free and the wheels able to turn, they jump on the scooters (and one on the motorbike) and push the bike to some secure location using their feet.  If you ever see someone on a scooter pushing a motorbike down the road, it's probably a bike theft in progress...

Ciao,

Plenty of cheap ECUs to be had from the USA with no HISS, sold on eBay together with ignition cylinder, fuel tank cap, seat release mechanism and one or two keys which you can easily have copies made of. It is no deterrent to organized thieves who then probably re-register the bike across the channel and sell it. Or just steal it to part it out and ditch the traceable bits like the chassis.

If needs be, making coded copies is simple with Kaldek's YouTube how to.

Archived