New member, New to Honda

JimF777

I have always liked the Honda VFR bikes since way be when the all white one came out (1983?) and yet I had never ridden one. I picked up my first few days ago and have been dinking around with it trying to see how a few things work, etc. 

It's a 2003, silver with 41,700 miles on it (that kind of worried me but runs like a top, was adult owned and lots of records), heated grip (notice not plural), new front tire and needs rear, has a center Givi bag and a Corbin seat. I wasn't sure what all was stock and such, but I thought the exhaust was stock until someone pointed out that it was not. Good thing, because that was one of the selling points for me, as one of my favorite bikes is the MV Agusta.

Plan on coming to you all with questions as I have trouble finding some online in general searches. Short term plan is a new rear tire and address what seems like a speedometer that is really off, and go from there.

IMG_2749.JPG

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2745.JPG

IMG_2747.JPG

Nice! That mileage is nothing for a VFR. Those cans are not made any longer(Laser?) so if you don't like them, they won't be hard to sell.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond.

And yes those apear to be Laser, manufactured  in the era that Laser meant quality. Like their Laser Deeptones for the RC51's

They "restarted" their business once or twice now, selling junk made in China....

So be happy that you got "the right stuff"

Thank you for the welcome. Yes they are Laser, first time I've seen that brand. I've always loved these, but I'll tell ya, there are some seriously nice looking ones on this board. Kudos to all those that spill their passion into them, or what ever you may ride.

Last night I tackled a broken hinge on the bag. It was zip tied, which is fine with me, but done so that the pivot point was no longer where it should be. Plus, noticed electrical contacts on the mount, then found the LED lights on the bag, found three issues that kept them from working. Polarity reversed, lid want closing enough (partly due to hinge), and only getting 10 volts. Took care of all three and works now.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Love those pipes.....i ordered a Corbin seat many years ago and hated it - returned it and now have a Sargent and love it. Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's a bit wide and flat for me too. Would be better if the rise to the passenger seat was further forward for some support.
I too love the pipes, but then the MV Agusta is one of my all time favs.

Archived