Golden / Silver State 2017 - Oct 6, 7, 8 - Kernville, CA

BrianF

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Well, I made it home safe and sound. Got home right about 1:30, with two short breaks, one with a gas fill up.  Thanks go to Brian for setting this up and to everyone actually, for coming out. Although it’s a bit of a trek for me, I really like riding with this group, hopefully next year we can get the few people who couldn’t make this one. Possibly rent the big chalet again, as we know it can fit quite a few people.

Cheers,

D,

• Member Contributer

Got home around 4:00, stopped at The Junction on the back side of Mt Hailtin for lunch, the up and over & back home. Thanks again Brian for putting this together and leading the way! 853 miles in 3 days, what a blast! See you guys on the next one!

• Member Contributer

I also arrived safely tonight, to a motel room near Sacramento around 7:30pm after 400+ miles today. Great time and perfect weather. Props to Duc for doing the GSS from Orange County, and of course to Brian for provoking us to ride the Sierras this weekend. 

What a blast indeed.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, crazybrother said:

Home safe around 7:45. Had a great time with you all (as always)

20171008_073510.jpg

What are the odds of all the bikes ridden having single sided swing arms?

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

What are the odds of all the bikes ridden having single sided swing arms?

Haha, yup! Also, no red Hondas. And for the record, I believe I had the only stock exhaust. 

• Member Contributer

Brian might need that to get through the rubble. Napa is devastated, I could not believe what I was seeing on the news - Brian, hope you're OK - sent a PM, but power is most likely out, and I heard the cell towers are all down too . 

• Member Contributer

Yeah, California is on fire from North to South. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and help the fire fighters get a handle on them, the high winds in So Cal had the Canyon Fire 2 (as it's called) moving at a rate of 35MPH!

Screenshot-2017-10-10 CAL FIRE - California Statewide Fire Map.png

• Member Contributer

Anyone get a hold of Brian? I tried texting earlier this morning and have not seen a response yet. I hope he is OK and it's just hard for him to get a message or message back.

• Member Contributer
30 minutes ago, Duc2V4 said:

Anyone get a hold of Brian? I tried texting earlier this morning and have not seen a response yet. I hope he is OK and it's just hard for him to get a message or message back.

Have not heard from him, but there are at least 80 cell towers down or destroyed here in Sonoma and Napa counties, and there are a lot of power outages. His house is in the city of Napa, which is not (yet...) a fire or evacuation zone, so you are probably correct that it's a comm problem. Hope so.

• Member Contributer

Just heard back from Brian. He is traveling this week so he's out of harms way, seems his house is too.

Archived