Heated grips not working at first after rain

HareBrain

First of all, I'm not an engineer and my electrical knowledge is about sufficient to wire a plug and not use a hair-dryer in the bath.

A couple of times, after the bike has been left for a while and been rained on, the heated grips won't work at first, with the button and the dash icon both flashing (but no E1/E2/E3 error signal). After about ten minutes, the flashing stops and it works OK. I guess water is getting in somewhere and then getting dried out, but I wouldn't have thought it was the button itself, as that's probably too sheltered to be dried out by ten minutes of riding. Anyone else had this? (Or is it normal, even?)

Thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

Nope not had that problem before. My bike spends a lot of time outside in the wet. 

Would check all connections first, doubt if it will be the on/off switch. 

If its still in warranty i would I would take it back to dealers.

• Member Contributer

I'm pretty sure Fink will be using the OEM Honda heated grips as we only get the Deluxe version of the 8th gen in the UK and they're standard on the bike

Theyre the best I've used, 5 position and much more useful than the ones on my BMW 

Should plug into a ready made connection in the harness  

If you're going to CO you'll find them a real blessing

• Member Contributer

Yup I'm on OE grips that are fitted as standard as Thumbs says

Would agree on the temp can't stand it of 5 for too long. I wear Bmw 2in1 gloves and use the "summer" side  even in the winter level3.  The goretex side only gets used in the rain. 

1 hour ago, duccmann said:

What's the best heated grip out there?
What are you using Fink?
Think I may install since I'll be goin to CO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you get a standard 8th gen, duccmann?

Archived