Super Charger Kit - 8th Generation

Chuckles777

G'Day Crew,

I've just joined VFRD. Please bear with me if there is already a thread to answer my question, or if the subject has been done to death, but I truly haven't done much forums and blogging in my life.

Disclaimer done, I've just taken delivery of my N.O.S. 2016 VR800F. I got the handlebar risers, and had the cigarette charger option fitted. I've got a Shad Top Box ready to fit if the Minister for War & Finances and I decide to take a weekender away somewhere.

BTW - I got last year's model so I could get the last of the Metallic White. I love the ride and sound, just as I expected I would, albeit, the factory default suspension set up is more like a track set up. I will adjust it on my next days off to soften it up just a touch.

NB: There are a lot of road trains up in North Western Australia. This means that there are a lot of stretches of newly laid asphalt. As a result, there a lot of transition bumps in the roads where the newly laid asphalt meets the old, in addition to things like heat expansion slits.

Anyway, I'm going to change to a PGR slip on muffler just prior to it's first service. I'll also go to a Lithium Ion battery to save some extra weight.

My question is, I want to know where things are at with regards to an 8th Gen supercharger kit if anyone has some info please? I read there is one "Dan" lurking about, perhaps working in conjunction with A & A Performance.

Any tips/suggestion/comments welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Chuckles.

My suspension softened up with a few miles, or else I just got used to it. Several here have echoed that sentiment.

As for the supercharger, I think custom fitting one for a 6th gen, if you're lucky enough to find one, is your best bet. We can't even get headers for the 8th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks J for your prompt reply. I'm hearing what you're putting down on the running in angle too. I had considered that Mate!!

I've done 280km's (175 miles) and weigh 86kg's (190lb), so I had hoped for just a touch of softening by now - Too soon you think?!

A cup of concrete, with a generous topping of "toughen up princess" some might say eh?! I must just be getting soft and sensitive in my old age eh?! - LOL

In all seriousness, I'm nearly 50 and I'm not as much after super tight cornering etc as I am a slightly softer and cruisier feel on our long, fairly straight roads. That's of course is why I went for the VFR and not a CBR.

Anyhoo, thanks again J. Shame about there not being a commercially available supercharger kit for the 8th Gen.

Shame also there are no headers available. TBH - I hadn't even considered the exhaust beyond doing the muffler for the weight, look and sound benefits. I just assumed there would be an aftermarket stainless steel replacement available, but we all know what "Assume" does eh?!

Cheers again Bloke,

Chuckles

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Chuckles777 said:

Shame also there are no headers available. TBH - I hadn't even considered the exhaust beyond doing the muffler for the weight, look and sound benefits. I just assumed there would be an aftermarket stainless steel replacement available, but we all know what "Assume" does eh?!

By "no headers" I have to assume he means literally.

There's a zillion slip-on canisters for the 8th Gen.

But I don't see any complete systems from the exhaust ports onward, like you might more easily find for the likes of the CBR1000RR.

• Member Contributer

Dan owns A&A Performance, but I have not heard that he was planning on making any more supercharger kits (for any bike).  And, I see that his website is currently down...

Ciao,

By "no headers" I have to assume he means literally.

There's a zillion slip-on canisters for the 8th Gen.

But I don't see any complete systems from the exhaust ports onward, like you might more easily find for the likes of the CBR1000RR.

Yeah, a slip-on/can/muffler/silencer and a header are two different things.

Thanks again guys.

Again I ask and appreciate everyone's patience as I get used to this site.

Is there a thread that is perhaps dedicated to pics of 8th Gen bikes fitted with aftermarket silencers please? Preferably square on to the side taken at about seat height as per sample attached

I'm after something that is high mount, like the Staintune, so that it shows of the back wheel nicely. However, I agree with one of the other blokes on here that the Staintune is way too long.

Safe miles everyone.

VFR800F.jpg

I can't remember which thread it was, but for a high mount, somebody fitted a Remus, I think, for an 800X to his 800FD and it looked fantastic. I think it required a custom mount and wouldn't allow the use of side cases, though. If I had money to spare and didn't want to do other things, I'd definitely go that route.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2017 at 9:53 AM, jhenley17 said:

^^^^Chuckles, look at posts #526 and #530 in that link for the high mount I was talking about. I was wrong on what he used, but it looks great.

Hey Jhenley17,

I'll check them out asap. Thanks heaps again for you helping me find stuff. :-) 

Archived