For V4 fans...

My connection at work sucks, but I think I saw that it's an 1100? If they put this into a Streetfighter, I will immediately wait around for a few years until I can afford one on the used market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Come on Mr. Honda!

Time for another "1-litre Ducati Eater",

just as you did 17 years ago :goofy:

15512919722_3d2f98b0eb_b.jpg

My connection at work sucks, but I think I saw that it's an 1100? If they put this into a Streetfighter, I will immediately wait around for a few years until I can afford one on the used market.

Quote of the century:

"I will immediately wait around... "

LoL

• Member Contributer

V2 are no longer a part of Mr.Honda's racing plans the same for Mr.Ducati...  engineers know the V4 sports more advantages the a V2... V2 are slow and ponderous like  Muhammad Ali   whereas a V4 are quick and sassy like Bruce Lee...

I dunno about all that, but they are cheater bikes. Glad they changed the rules. If you can't compete at the same displacement as everyone else, figure something else out.

1 hour ago, BusyLittleShop said:

V2 are no longer a part of Mr.Honda's racing plans the same for Mr.Ducati...  engineers know the V4 sports more advantages the a V2... V2 are slow and ponderous like  Muhammad Ali   whereas a V4 are quick and sassy like Bruce Lee...

lol  I'm a bigger Bruce Lee fan than most (never got to train directly with him but he was my Sigung - teacher's teacher) - that being said, I would never call Ali "slow and ponderous" LOL - Ali was BAD!

:D

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I dunno about all that, but they are cheater bikes. Glad they changed the rules. If you can't compete at the same displacement as everyone else, figure something else out.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your reference, but for the record Fogarty and Corser won those WSBK championships in the 90's on 1000cc Ducatis racing against 750cc fours. Honda got sick of losing in WSBK (unlike today!) and built a 1000cc v twin to the rules. Thus the big smiles on the faces of Aaron Slight and Colin Edwards on their RC51's in Dutchy's photo at Phillip Island!

C'mon Honda, let's see a v4 superbike.

That's what I'm talking about, twins get a displacement advantage, making them cheater bikes. Although I'm probably wrong about the rule change I mentioned. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think it was emissions laws that prompted Ducati's change, not WSBK rules.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, Samuelx said:

lol  I'm a bigger Bruce Lee fan than most (never got to train directly with him but he was my Sigung - teacher's teacher) - that being said, I would never call Ali "slow and ponderous" LOL - Ali was BAD!

:D

Agreed - must have been a typo - he probably meant to type "a manatee", not "Muhammad Ali" :tongue:

Speaking of Bruce Lee, I just saw "Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story" for the first time on tv a few nights ago - great movie - incredible fight scenes!  And there's a new movie called "Birth of the Dragon" coming out.

Archived