Aftermarket Amazon mirrors

DeltaWolf

Hey, I searched and didn't see anything for my question.  So here it goes, I had to replace my mirrors, bought Amazon uni mirrors with signals in them.  Mounted using original mounts, not a big deal, the only issue I have is if I wire there signals to existing signals then they will become a second set of running lights.  I do not care to have a second set of mirror mounted running lights.  Is there a way to make these strictly turn signals and when not in use, they are off?

Bike is a 2007, pair, snorkel, flipper, LED headlights mods, 19000 miles.

Thanks in advance

Delta

• Member Contributer

Might be difficult to do what you are trying for. Many of the newer style electrical systems use two wire lighting and increase voltage to perform function (stop or turn). Seems like a plus to me but,hey,that's just me :)

Yeah, only two wires going to the bulb, maybe I will wire them to the rears set of blinkers because those stay off. until used.

*UPDATE* if you wish to not have your mirror lights work like your front signals (IE on and until needed then flash, but rather like your rear signals, then hook them up to your rear signals.  if not hook them up to your front ones.  Don't try and over think it like I did. 

Archived