Most annoying bike ever?

He could have turned the radio down a bit, although all the cruisers I hear with radios running can be heard easily. He's playing with his air-ride settings way too much. it actually could have been a lot louder exhaust wise, sounds like you could still talk next to it which isn't true for some Harley's I know.

Just had a group ride past my house, slowly, revving South Park Fag style. It's a busy road, but still residential. I don't know who these idiots are trying to impress or why they think they're any better than the morons on sport bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, coupedupsubie said:

...He's playing with his air-ride settings way too much...

Yeah I thought he might start bouncing it :tongue:

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

Just had a group ride past my house, slowly, revving South Park Fag style. It's a busy road, but still residential. I don't know who these idiots are trying to impress or why they think they're any better than the morons on sport bikes.

Speaking of morons on sport bikes, I couldn't help but notice that the guy on the stretched sportbike was the only rider of the 4 who was smart enough to be wearing a helmet.  Or perhaps he's under 21 and/or doesn't have the requisite medical insurance to ride helmetless in Florida.

• Member Contributer

There's a Harley douche here in my complex that has his radio blaring all the time and does the constant engine rev thing anytime he's slowing down or stopped. Pisses my wife off something fierce! She can't stand the sound of Harley's or the constant revving thing they do and she's mostly def too.

If they wore a helmet they could get their music directly to their ears via Bluetooth but I guess there's nothing cool about that.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

If they wore a helmet they could get their music directly to their ears via Bluetooth but I guess there's nothing cool about that.

Electronic gadgets are for rice worshippers, doncha know ?

This is the American Way ! :goofy:

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, RC36Rider said:

Electronic gadgets are for rice worshippers, doncha know ?

This is the American Way ! :goofy:

Are they? I saw my brother's new bike, a Harley of some variety (I don't really know or give a shit about them) and it has a full glass cockpit going on. Big ol' navigation and infotainment screen on the middle driving the stereo with a bluetooth for piping music from the MP3 player of your choice. There are like 4 extra switches on the handlebars for all the shit on that thing.

I love my brother -- he's a genuinely good guy -- but I can't ride with him. It's just embarrassing.

2 hours ago, MooseMoose said:

Are they? I saw my brother's new bike, a Harley of some variety (I don't really know or give a shit about them) and it has a full glass cockpit going on. Big ol' navigation and infotainment screen on the middle driving the stereo with a bluetooth for piping music from the MP3 player of your choice. There are like 4 extra switches on the handlebars for all the shit on that thing.

I love my brother -- he's a genuinely good guy -- but I can't ride with him. It's just embarrassing.

When I had more time to ride I would regularly go out with family, my dad and uncle have Harleys but it was never slow riding.

• Member Contributer

That Harley, with the fucking stereo blaring bro-country louder than most people's pipes, is just too much.

I am sure he can keep up. I don't eat up the chicken strips unless I'm on a track. He had a nice cruiser before. Some sort of Honda cruisey thing until this summer -- I really don't know anything about today's bikes -- and the Harley  is slower and fatter but he claims it's quite comfortable to him. I think he got it to impress the ladies with the brand name. He always was like that, and I bet one of his girlfriends turned up her nose at a Japanese bike so he traded it to get more flash.

Thing is, he and I have never ridden together. Like, ever. On the occasions I've been active and he's had a bike I've offered and he NEVER calls.  I've been riding for 25 years and he didn't even realize the red bike parked behind his new ginormous thing was mine at the last family gathering. Which is hilarious because I've been riding VFRs since I bought my first in 1993, and there's not THAT much difference between the 91viffer and an 01. He should know Italian Red when he sees it!

He didn't call this summer, so in truth I didn't have to be embarrassed. I bet he's probably embarrassed to ride with my old, red, plastic, Japanese piece of shit or something.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Duc2V4 said:

There's a Harley douche here in my complex that has his radio blaring all the time and does the constant engine rev thing anytime he's slowing down or stopped. Pisses my wife off something fierce! She can't stand the sound of Harley's or the constant revving thing they do and she's mostly def too.

If you have to keep your bike from dying while stopped by constantly blipping the throttle, adjust the idle.

Oh wait, that's not why they do that, is it?  :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer
On 9/27/2017 at 9:33 AM, TimC said:

If you have to keep your bike from dying while stopped by constantly blipping the throttle, adjust the idle.

hah, I got a good laugh at that one.

Though, I should admit that I am also a little guilty. The can on my current  bike is louder than my old one, I think. A lot of people turn to look when I roll through town, and I don't think it's due to my flowing blonde locks or svelte (plus 40lbs) physique. V4 has a different exhaust note, so it doesn't really sound like anything else, but it still has to be loud enough that people hear it and wonder "what the F is that?" to make them turn to look.

I don't purposely run the revs up to terrorize the folks trying to enjoy a sidewalk cafe, though. Thankfully my bike idles OK by itself.

• Member Contributer
On 9/27/2017 at 5:33 PM, TimC said:

Nope.  But all I can say is buy a two stroke and then tell me you can refrain from that particular compulsion...  On my RS250, I AM Loris Capirossi...  :comp13:

Ciao,

Archived