Does anyone in the san diego area change their own tires?

Voided76

I've got an advanced rider course I've gotta do for the navy and it's at 645 tomorrow morning. I've been trying since saturday to get them changed to no avail.....

Is there anyone here with the tools that we can do these tires ourselves today? heh

• Member Contributer

Not in SD but 100 miles North in Anaheim. Not ideal I'm sure but you're welcome to make the trek and I'll change them for you.

• Member Contributer
39 minutes ago, Voided76 said:

You're on,  son!!  gimmie an address

already made an LA run today,  why not

PM received and responded to. You should now have my address and phone number 

4 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

PM received and responded to. You should now have my address and phone number 

Can I ship my next set of tires to your place?

J/K, what a guy! :beer:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR4Lee said:

Can I ship my next set of tires to your place?

J/K, what a guy! :beer:

No joke, I have a few friends that do that already... just need to be aware the tires are coming and available to receive them. Then schedule a time to come by and change them. I work from home a lot so changing can sometimes happen during the week.

An update, Voided76 was by and we changed and balanced the tires so he's good to go! Good luck tomorrow Voided!

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

No joke, I have a few friends that do that already... just need to be aware the tires are coming and available to receive them. Then schedule a time to come by and change them. I work from home a lot so changing can sometimes happen during the week.

An update, Voided76 was by and we changed and balanced the tires so he's good to go! Good luck tomorrow Voided!

Well done.

• Member Contributer

Curious what you use for changing tires.  I am eyeing a No-Mar changer, nice to have the ability yourself and would pay for itself in time.  

• Member Contributer

FWIW I have one of these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Manual-Portable-Hand-Tire-Changer-Bead-Breaker-Tool-Mounting-Home-Shop-Auto-/322481131220?hash=item4b155f8ed4

Its a paddock tire changer. When I bought mine it was marketed by Black Widow, seems they have changed their name. I've done over 50 tires in the past 6 years for myself and friends so it has more than paid for itself.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, RichVee4 said:

Curious what you use for changing tires.  I am eyeing a No-Mar changer, nice to have the ability yourself and would pay for itself in time.  

I have a NoMar tire changer. Can't remember which model but it came with a balancer too. With all he tire changes for my bikes plus others, it has proved itself as a worth while investment.

Archived