Easy Outs/Screw/Stud Extractors??

D1CKY

Easy Outs/Screw/Stud Extractors??

Anyone know who makes the best easy outs /screw extractors ?

It is to remove two broken 6mm exhaust studs.

I have stubby Snap On ones in a red case that are hex ended and allow sockets to be used on them and the flipper broke.

Anyone tried Irwin ?

I have 1/4 inch or so of stud sticking out.

It was only two bolts that snapped.

I've just been soaking them in Plus Gas.

Dont really know if heating head is an option.

Looking into easy outs as it's next option with drilling and tapping if these fucjers snap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Keep soaking with PlusGas, but you can try heating (just not at the same time).  EZ-outs are a mixed blessing, because if you snap one off in the head you're really screwed (Or not?  Or not un-screwed?!?)

I assume these studs are on the front head, where access is a little better than the rear head.  Another thing you can try is to drill a pilot hole for an extractor using a reverse drill bit (check eBay/Amazon), as the reverse-action sometimes loosens the stud automatically.  If you have access to a welding outfit, you can try welding a nut onto the stud to give you more purchase.  But no one can guarantee what will work, sometimes you get lucky.  (But keep soaking!)

Ciao,

Keep soaking with PlusGas, but you can try heating (just not at the same time).  EZ-outs are a mixed blessing, because if you snap one off in the head you're really screwed (Or not?  Or not un-screwed?!?)

I assume these studs are on the front head, where access is a little better than the rear head.  Another thing you can try is to drill a pilot hole for an extractor using a reverse drill bit (check eBay/Amazon), as the reverse-action sometimes loosens the stud automatically.  If you have access to a welding outfit, you can try welding a nut onto the stud to give you more purchase.  But no one can guarantee what will work, sometimes you get lucky.  (But keep soaking!)

Ciao,

Gonna try heat, double nutting and plenty Plus Gas and De block spray.

Failing that it's drilling and tapping to 8mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived