Bar end weights

• Member Contributer

A few weeks back I lost my right bar end weight off the bike.

Had to go to work shortly after to Italy so did not get a chance to do any research.

On my way home now and wonder if anybody has any preferences?

BTW, the ones I had were about 12 ounces each. Thanks.

• Member Contributer

must be something with the right bar end....i lost mine a couple weeks ago as well.  ordered a pair off E-bay that i like.  they are virtually identical to the OEM but have "VFR" in white on them.  very cool looking.  i believe they came from Taiwan.  the seller is amy218613

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, coupedupsubie said:

I just got OEM bar end weights. Did you notice any difference with the 12 ounce ones?

Hi Bryan:

The bar ends I have came with the bike. The right one had a throttle lock feature that drove me nuts, and almost into a truck so I had it backed off and thread locked. Well the thread lock lasted about 30K. I was on my way to Baltimore when I lost it in Portland. My right arm went numb in about 250 miles. Before that I could easily do a 2500 mile, 4 day trip with no issues, so I guess they work. I'll have a look at the oem ones.

10 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

must be something with the right bar end....i lost mine a couple weeks ago as well.  ordered a pair off E-bay that i like.  they are virtually identical to the OEM but have "VFR" in white on them.  very cool looking.  i believe they came from Taiwan.  the seller is amy218613

Thanks Ceptor69, I'll have a look.

Any chance you have a pic of them on the bike?

Thanks guys

Michael

Hi Michael,

You're on your way home and I got to Slovakia about 10 days ago!

Sounds like you had a Throttlemeister on there. If so, contact them. Maybe they'll good will you a replacement.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer

Hi Glenn:

A quick search on the web shows that you nailed it. Have heard of them but never really paid attention to what they did. If I have to buy a complete kit I'll have to pass @$133 though.

Slovakia sounds like it would be nice this time of year. Where I was in Italy was hotter than the hinges if Hells Kitchen at a scorching 33C when I left. Touched down in Boston at a more New Englander friendly 15C yesterday afternoon. Maine was 11C when I pulled in last night.

Hope to see you this Fall.

5 hours ago, FromMaine said:

Hi Glenn:

A quick search on the web shows that you nailed it. Have heard of them but never really paid attention to what they did. If I have to buy a complete kit I'll have to pass @$133 though.

Slovakia sounds like it would be nice this time of year. Where I was in Italy was hotter than the hinges if Hells Kitchen at a scorching 33C when I left. Touched down in Boston at a more New Englander friendly 15C yesterday afternoon. Maine was 11C when I pulled in last night.

Hope to see you this Fall.

Yes, Michael, hope to meet up. It was 30 or close to it since I got here until a day or two ago. Now stable at 18-23. Perfect for working.

I discovered I had to re-shim mine after I had the switch pod off and back on. Hopefully Throttle meister will help you out with just the end piece, a bolt and a few shims.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

Here you go.10c3cfed878e912687a1a2b6c2fafcce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ceptor69:

Thanks mate, like the look of those.

• Member Contributer

Hi Glenn:

Thanks again for the tip. I'm gone in Oct. but will try a frosty ride up to NS in Nov. if possible.

Thanks,  Michael

Michael, the reason I ask is because I get a bit of vibration through the bars. Helibars helped some but I think some heavy bar ends might do more. Hearing that 12 ounce bar ends reduced it that much makes me want to machine my own, I just don't have a lathe.

• Member Contributer

I have HeliBars and these bar ends are as heavy as the stock ends. Very little vibration noted.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Archived