Throttle Lock for gen 8 - what are the options?

VifferJ

• Member Contributer
17 minutes ago, DriverDave said:

Thanks fro sharing this! Going to order! 

• Member Contributer
19 hours ago, DriverDave said:

Thanks, I was looking at those. Can you post up a pic of it mounted on your Gen 8? When not using it do the raised ribs get in the way of just normal riding or get caught on your glove at all?

I just found my order info for mine...turns out I got the HND31 from revzilla, not the HND29 like my link shows on Kaoko's site.

I also found this old thread with install info and an installed pic (not my bike)...according to a post in here, the HND29 has a different weight shape to match the 8th gen better, so it looks like either one will fit.  I never noticed any difference between the 2 weights, so I'm fine with my HND31.

No problems with it getting in the way...if you find that the heal of your hand is often past the end of the grip on the bar end weight, then it might be in your way.  I actually used to use the basic GoCruise lever style throttle lock which worked quite well, but since it takes up a little of the grip space, it moved my hand out to the edge of the grip and rubbed some of the paint off of the bar end.  Now that it's not there, no part of my hand goes past the lip at the end of the grip.

• Member Contributer
8 minutes ago, DriverDave said:

Hey, I just found my order info from Revzilla...Don't get the HND29 that is in that link.  You need the HND31...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kaoko-throttle-lock-honda-cbr-vfr-vtr-f6b

I don't know for sure if the HND29 would work or not, but I have the HND31, and it definitely does work on the 8th gen.

Thanks DD!

13 minutes ago, VifferJ said:

Thanks DD!

Nevermind!!  I deleted that post and updated the previous one after reading the thread I attatched.  Sorry for any confusion.

Here's the post in that thread that answers the part number question...

"I'm not sure what model Kaoko everyone here has but when I initially bought mine I was supplied with a HND31 which was listed as compatible with Gen 6 VFR800 to current. I wasn't happy with it as it was not in the 'OEM style' as it was far bigger than the stock weight and looked odd when fitted. I queried Kaoko directly about it and they had just finished production of a new model specifically for the 2014 and newer VFR - the HND29. They changed mine over and it's a much nicer fit :)"

• Member Contributer

I have a Gocruise $30 for the aluminum model simple and effective. Don't leave home without it. Have 1000's of miles on it works great.  http://www.2wheelride.com/GoCruise_throttle control2.html

• Member Contributer
Was gonna order a Throttlemeister and seems they don't make it for the gen 8, is this true?

What other options are there for the gen 8?

Actually, they do make it for the 8th gen. Same as the 6th gen.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, huntinggunns said:

Actually, they do make it for the 8th gen. Same as the 6th gen.

I must have missed it, gotta link?

• Member Contributer

I must have missed it, gotta link?
Let me dig it up. I called them when the wife and I had our 8th gens. They set us up. They were supposed to update their web site but may not have gotten it done. Sold the 8th gens a while back, but still have the throttle meisters in a box. Didn't let the dealer have any of our goodies when we traded them off

• Member Contributer
34 minutes ago, huntinggunns said:

I just looked and yes, It is the AHR2 kit from throttlemeister. It fits the 6th and 8th gen. If anyone is interested I have 2 sets of these I can post up in the classifieds.

It doesn't list the gen 8 VFR on the bikes on their site for the AHR2? Am I missing it? I might be interested in a set, but just want to confirm they fit. What color/finish are the ones your selling?

http://throttlemeister.com/shop/uncategorized/ahr2-kit/

• Member Contributer

It doesn't list the gen 8 VFR on the bikes on their site for the AHR2? Am I missing it? I might be interested in a set, but just want to confirm they fit. What color/finish are the ones your selling?

http://throttlemeister.com/shop/uncategorized/ahr2-kit/

I just posted them in the classifieds. They are both the standard weight, black and silver, one has the red band, the other doesn't. You can call throttlemeister Tuesday and speak with them. Just let them know you are interested in a throttle lock for the 8th gen and see what they recommend

On 04/09/2017 at 2:53 AM, DriverDave said:

Here's the post in that thread that answers the part number question...

"I'm not sure what model Kaoko everyone here has but when I initially bought mine I was supplied with a HND31 which was listed as compatible with Gen 6 VFR800 to current. I wasn't happy with it as it was not in the 'OEM style' as it was far bigger than the stock weight and looked odd when fitted. I queried Kaoko directly about it and they had just finished production of a new model specifically for the 2014 and newer VFR - the HND29. They changed mine over and it's a much nicer fit :)"

This was me :)

The HND31 will work fine, I just wanted a uniform look side to side. Very happy with the HND29, looks like it's meant to be there and works extremely well.

I just went to the garage to check mine, and my HND31 bar end weight is indeed a bit bigger than the factory weight on the left bar (same length, but a little larger diameter).  I never even noticed it before.  I think it's not so noticeable because it's hard to view them both together since they're like 2 feet apart...I think I can live with it :wink:

Archived