The reason I wanted a white one:

TheLoneReader

1 hour ago, 2015vfr said:

Bold, I like it. And that exhaust looks sweet.

What brand are the tank grips and how do you like them?

they're Eazi-grip; another thing from the previous owner. they look pretty knobbly but due to that, they seem to grip most pantleg materials quite well. i'm not too much of a tank grips person so i probably wouldn't have gotten them for myself but since i already have them, i do like them.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to everyone saying i should do the wheels/tank/fender, i'mma hold off on them for now. there is, after all, such a thing as too much. but they're not off the table for in the future if i want to add more. (plus i kinda like the not-really-bronze of the wheels)

• Member Contributer

masculinity intact-bike nelly-still mucho fun to ride-no one sees their bike when riding it-only when off it-and then it's all about pulling off the look.

stay strong man.

15 minutes ago, DriverDave said:

1990 called, they want their paint scheme back! :goofy:

LMAO DD!  I think you cracked the case!  TheLoneReader = Don Johnson!!!

0be1e8f0598123c8c5b0824186530e8a--don-jo

• Member Contributer
On 1 September 2017 at 11:19 AM, TheLoneReader said:

The glorious finished product. Imagine, if you will: you're a reasonably confident man's man out for a day of manning on your Harley manmobile™. You're getting pretty into it on the curves; your black leather apparel creaks with almost--but not quite--sexual charge against the gentle pressures of Mistress Tarmac. Your chrome glints masculine appeal onto the scenery around you, and your exhaust leaves a faint musk of testosterone hovering above the pavement. all of a sudden, you hear it. a banshee wail from the depths of depravity sounds out behind you. a glint of headlights in your rear mirror. It's coming. the high scream of a v4 in full thrust counterpoints the rumbling of your cruiser in weird and arcane beats and harmonies. you try to outrun it, you try to push your way down into the lean, but the monster pounces on you, like a Puma, or a Jaguar on a wounded doe. a flash of plastic, a blur of pink, and an eldritch horror from the Barbie aisle surpasses you--you!--like you're standing still. in embarrassment, you limp your way home and vow never to speak of this moment, lest your masculinity, machismo, your very raison d'être shatter and fall around you from the titanic blow it has received. You will wait. you will recover. and you will hope the pink monster never finds you again...

Mate, I don't know what you're smoking.????  Sorry to say, BUT I have never heard such Bullsh@t. 

It's certainly unique. I support your right to paint your stuff and yourself any way you want.

Just don't ask me to follow suit. :beer:

20 hours ago, TheLoneReader said:

they're Eazi-grip; another thing from the previous owner. they look pretty knobbly but due to that, they seem to grip most pantleg materials quite well. i'm not too much of a tank grips person so i probably wouldn't have gotten them for myself but since i already have them, i do like them.

Thank you, any issues with peeling or discoloration? I had stomp grips on my last bike but they got pretty nasty after 2 years

• Member Contributer

Nothing wrong with the VFR....

THIS however is obscene........  poor RC51....

Knipsel.JPG.3a66f36e5e9ba7f2d63781ce3fcf425e.JPG

• Member Contributer

Reminds me of the poor R1 that parked by me :tongue:

IMG_1614.JPG

And THIS is REALLY obscene - spoiled my lunch at the beach yesterday :mad:

So I guess the pink accented VFR looks pretty good in comparison and I should apologize to LoneReader - sorry LoneReader :tongue:

1 hour ago, GatorGreg said:

And THIS is REALLY obscene - spoiled my lunch at the beach yesterday :mad:

So I guess the pink accented VFR looks pretty good in comparison and I should apologize to LoneReader - sorry LoneReader :tongue:

The Penny Farthing is dead - long live the Penny Farthing! He should just admit he doesn't like bikes...

• Member Contributer

I *think* murricans call these monstrossities "baggers"....

A bit like a "15 pint double bagger" eh?:tongue:

Well, to each his or her own?  Back in my 20s, I would go a bit overboard on the farkling of whatever machine I had, be it cars, motorcycles, etc.  As I've grown older, I think "less is more" and do some subtle upgrades but try to keep it close to stock.

20170902_181530.jpg

On 9/2/2017 at 0:35 PM, 2015vfr said:

Thank you, any issues with peeling or discoloration? I had stomp grips on my last bike but they got pretty nasty after 2 years

i mean, i've got no clue how long they've been on the bike but they don't have any peeling or fading problems that i know about. they seem like some pretty good material

Archived