The reason I wanted a white one:

TheLoneReader

Hello VFR Discussion, glad to finally have a reason to join your ranks.

in the last couple weeks i got my grubby mitts on a nice '14 VFR that only had 16k miles from the previous owner (excellent condition too). guy put a GPR slip on on it and a PCV, which was a bit of a nice bonus.

the VFR has basically been my dream bike since the redesign and i'm so happy i managed to snag one, but it just wasn't quite... pink enough. Enter me, twenty bucks, and two rolls of permanent adhesive outdoor vinyl. I realize the color's probably a miss with most people but I think it turned out great. we've got the before, the plan, and the after. all in all, maybe about 8 or 10 hours' work? those fiddly contoured bits are the very devil to stick stuff to.

The Before. Can't believe reviewers called this bike "too plain." it's beautiful as it is but we're going to have it looking perfect.

IMG_20170825_142202.thumb.jpg.e29c3cfc3035a10e531e77e80304225b.jpg

Something like this needs a plan. fifteen minutes' fooling around in photoshop and i got my rough idea all hashed out. getting the correct scale in a photo like this is super f*$&ing hard; the shapes ended up bigger on the finished product.

59a8aea7cbf59_designcopy.thumb.png.15784719c436c77dd73bc5d7d8b9407c.png

The glorious finished product. Imagine, if you will: you're a reasonably confident man's man out for a day of manning on your Harley manmobile™. You're getting pretty into it on the curves; your black leather apparel creaks with almost--but not quite--sexual charge against the gentle pressures of Mistress Tarmac. Your chrome glints masculine appeal onto the scenery around you, and your exhaust leaves a faint musk of testosterone hovering above the pavement. all of a sudden, you hear it. a banshee wail from the depths of depravity sounds out behind you. a glint of headlights in your rear mirror. It's coming. the high scream of a v4 in full thrust counterpoints the rumbling of your cruiser in weird and arcane beats and harmonies. you try to outrun it, you try to push your way down into the lean, but the monster pounces on you, like a Puma, or a Jaguar on a wounded doe. a flash of plastic, a blur of pink, and an eldritch horror from the Barbie aisle surpasses you--you!--like you're standing still. in embarrassment, you limp your way home and vow never to speak of this moment, lest your masculinity, machismo, your very raison d'être shatter and fall around you from the titanic blow it has received. You will wait. you will recover. and you will hope the pink monster never finds you again...

IMG_20170831_173110.thumb.jpg.c9b75c5a881c306bd0ceca57276f7f80.jpg

IMG_20170831_173120.thumb.jpg.6d0b16ce7e61d7736682054325ce4d14.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Tiutis said:

The exhaust looks great. How do you like the sound?

congrats and don't go crazy with those pink ideas!

sound is amazing; it's loud without being deafening and i like the fact that it's smaller than honda's stock can. the vfr's isn't too large but still, damn. previous owner did a tune that feels a bit... off... so i'm going to be taking a look at that power commander later if i can.

I actually think it needs More pink - go big or go home!  haha j/k

If it's good enough for Gene Lebell...

https://www.google.com/search?q=gene+lebell+pink&num=20&newwindow=1&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7nuG874LWAhUD6SYKHVqeCMsQ_AUICygC&biw=1029&bih=1303

Btw, did you know they have reflective pink tape?  https://www.amazon.com/Direct-Products-Intensity-Grade-Reflective/dp/B01FW3F32E

:D

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Rectaltronics said:

The front fender seems a little naked.

And tank?

Welcome. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD from across the pond :beer:

I'm a fan of pink too, but more the Steven Tyler variety, not on my bike.

But kudos for having the balls to not giving a toss on preconceived associations with pink bikes.

You can call your bike "white cougar" :goofy: (you mentioned puma..)

How can something be too pink? :wink: I've been happily adding blue bits to my white vfr (screen, dust caps, lever covers) so go for your life!

Must try and find that hi-viz pink tape, my top box just looks too plain now I know that exists! :happy:

4 minutes ago, HareBrain said:

It looks like an Imperial Stormtrooper wearing lipstick.

Whether that's a good or bad thing, I've no idea.

How can that be a bad thing?

Pink.jpg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, deltaboxii said:

do the wheels pink

Yes, and maybe a touch of pink for the front fender

• Member Contributer

Wifey's bike is "Candy Ruby Magenta" and white. Did I get thanked for buying her a bike when she passed her test, NO! I got

"But it's PINK"

"But it's yours dear"

"BUT IT'S PINK!"

Apparently I am respraying it blue this winter :mad:

P.S. I like it BTW!

20 hours ago, Samuelx said:

I actually think it needs More pink - go big or go home!  haha j/k

If it's good enough for Gene Lebell...

https://www.google.com/search?q=gene+lebell+pink&num=20&newwindow=1&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7nuG874LWAhUD6SYKHVqeCMsQ_AUICygC&biw=1029&bih=1303

Btw, did you know they have reflective pink tape?  https://www.amazon.com/Direct-Products-Intensity-Grade-Reflective/dp/B01FW3F32E

:D

oh gosh, i'm not sure i'm ready for reflective pink just yet. that seems like a whole other level of intense.

Archived