Saw this image today

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, vegaquark said:

Sorry, its clearly a cbr900rr
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CBR900RR

Certainly is, stock colour scheme (although the white wheels are not stock IIRC), fat forks and drilled fairings are the giveaway. 

• Member Contributer

So how do I go about getting one of these?

I have been on eBay, allofcraigslist, adhunter, forums.....no luck yet, that bike is mega hot.

I could see doing the 400 it looks so good

I may just start drilling holes in my 95 if I cant find one of these, maybe I can get bodywork....

I have been on eBay, allofcraigslist, adhunter, forums.....no luck yet, that bike is mega hot.

I may just start drilling holes in my 95 if I cant find one of these, maybe I can get bodywork....

I've been searching around spain, they are at 3000EUR but some of them are in great condition... Awsome bike imho.

1 hour ago, bykemike said:

Rare sports bikes for sale is always a good site to watch/check  http://raresportbikesforsale.com/

• Member Contributer

It's specifically a 93 CBR900. One of the instructors at Mid-Ohio had one out, and it was quite lovely. He looked for years to find a perfect condition one in that year's color scheme. Super low mileage too.

• Member Contributer
22 hours ago, Terry said:

Certainly is, stock colour scheme (although the white wheels are not stock IIRC), fat forks and drilled fairings are the giveaway. 

There's also the graphics on the rear cowl that say "900RR".  I have a friend that had a 95 that had a single headlight pod,  so I'd guess that this is a 93 or maybe 94 model year.  That bike was a blast to ride - for about an hour.   I certainly would not have wanted it for the long trips I've taken on the VFR.

• Member Contributer

Ok, I found one, a little overpriced and some miles, not enough to scare me (45000 +) sold by the time I got there, 18 days on the market.

If I get this somewhat automated I'll bet I can get one.

Depending on how this upcoming 2k mile tour goes on my 95 VFR I may want to trade my GS (plus seller pays cash) and have an all Honda garage for a while...just for a change

• Member Contributer

Only downside on those (CBR900RR) is the 16" front wheel, tough to find good rubber for it, although by now I am sure there is a 17" option that can be fitted.

• Member Contributer

I'm fairly sure I read that the VFR 5/6G wheels are a direct swap for the 16" on a CBR900RR.

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, bykemike said:

Ok, I found one, a little overpriced and some miles, not enough to scare me (45000 +) sold by the time I got there, 18 days on the market.

If I get this somewhat automated I'll bet I can get one.

Depending on how this upcoming 2k mile tour goes on my 95 VFR I may want to trade my GS (plus seller pays cash) and have an all Honda garage for a while...just for a change

If maintained, I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage.  When my friend was still riding his RR, I saw an article in Cycle World about an owner of one who used it in SoCal for a long daily commute - something like 150 mile each day.   It had over 200,000 miles on it and was still going strong.  

Another interesting feature of that vintage RR is that the rear cowl had a lockable, flip up rear seat that made for a tidy and concealed rear trunk.  I never could figure out why Honda integrated that in to a bike like the RR and not in to a more touring oriented machine like the VFR. 

• Member Contributer

It's the 4th gen/CBR600F3/NC30 front wheel that swaps over directly.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, JZH said:

It's the 4th gen/CBR600F3/NC30 front wheel that swaps over directly.

Ciao,

I sold redslut's front rim (it amazingly was NOT damaged in the head on crash.....) to a CBR900 owner who is very happy now...

Archived