WOOOOHOOOO!! Pulled That Trigger Today

lancruza

I bought my 2nd VFR today.  I had a 96 VFR750 about 15 years ago and today I picked up a 99 1-owner, pretty clean with all the maintenance records since new.  12 hour road trip today to go and get her.  It also, came with the original exhaust, original handlebars, original mirrors, and a Ventura rack system and top bag.  Gonna be fun!

20170819_194239.jpg

20170819_201912.jpg

20170819_202410.jpg

• Member Contributer

And in the fastest color too!!!  :beer:

Could have done with bigger NACA ducts, but hey, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :goofy:

Congrats!

Got the seat and heli already.  Which are the two things I added (so far) to help with the longer rides.  Does it come with modded suspension as well?  

46k miles.  You'd never know it by the looks of the bike.  Valve checks done at 16k and 32k with no adjustment needed.  She'll need tires before too much longer.  That gear driven whine is addictive.  Here's a couple more pic's.  I think she's purdy.

20170821_094515.jpg

20170821_202207.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats great looking bike!  I love the following our bikes have.  Now spend some $$$ and get the Daughtry motorsports suspension (upgrade!) you will be amazed how much potential this (and really any bike) has with a good suspension and tuning.  And do those valve checks :)  53k and I had 12 out (tight).   Happy riding!

• Member Contributer

Lovely.  Whoever owned it kept it immaculately. That's as pretty as it gets for 18 years old and ridden.

That's the can I've got on my '91 -- two brothers oval aluminum. Great sound, nice and light, and not too loud at idle. 

I've got the split sergeant seat, too. Do you have the rear cowl? I rigged mine with the quick release bolts and use the space as a trunk -- just enough space for a book, some water, and a few small sundries in addition to the toolkit and a tire gauge. I didn't understand it at first, but now I absolutely love it.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:57 PM, MooseMoose said:

Lovely.  Whoever owned it kept it immaculately. That's as pretty as it gets for 18 years old and ridden.

That's the can I've got on my '91 -- two brothers oval aluminum. Great sound, nice and light, and not too loud at idle. 

I've got the split sergeant seat, too. Do you have the rear cowl? I rigged mine with the quick release bolts and use the space as a trunk -- just enough space for a book, some water, and a few small sundries in addition to the toolkit and a tire gauge. I didn't understand it at first, but now I absolutely love it.

Thanks, the bike was definitely well cared for.  The PO also gave me the original exhaust, original mirrors, and yes, the rear cowl.  I'm currently using a cargo net on the rear seat.  It allows me to carry quite a few items.  It will hold a large pizza, no problem, LOL.  My rear cowl is like new.  As many errands as I run on the bike, I'm afraid to put on the rear cowl because it will probably get scratched up.  I never ride with a passenger.  The slightly concave surface of the rear seat makes it great to help hold items in place under the cargo net.  I would really like to have an extra rear Seargent seat that I could experiment with.  Possibly removing most of the underseat area to create more storage capacity under the seat.   Luvin' the bike.

20170906_105558.jpg

Archived