Pannier Rubber Steps Kit

StubyDoo

I've got my new to me panniers but the rubber steps kit (08l51-mge-800r1) is missing.  I have some on order but there are not available world wide.  Could someone do me a favour and measure the little black square thing on the end of the pillion foot rest so I can try and bodge some for my up and coming trip to Europe.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
29 minutes ago, StubyDoo said:

I've got my new to me panniers but the rubber steps kit (08l51-mge-800r1) is missing.  I have some on order but there are not available world wide.  Could someone do me a favour and measure the little black square thing on the end of the pillion foot rest so I can try and bodge some for my up and coming trip to Europe.

Thanks.

I have them on the 1200. I'll check them when I get home (have to take the rear wheel off anyway as it needs a new tyre before our French holiday).

Just now, Skids said:

I have them on the 1200. I'll check them when I get home (have to take the rear wheel off anyway as it needs a new tyre before our French holiday).

Thanks Gareth.

• Member Contributer

I also managed to get some panniers from a guy who destroyed his Viffer in the Snowy Mountains, without the panniers on it. The local Honda shop couldn't even find the rubber bits in the parts catalogue so I bought some simple 16mm bungs from the local hardware store. Photos attached.

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

• Member Contributer

Looks to be about 2.6cm deep x 3.6cm long. There's a small allen bolt holding them on behind it when you look at it from the side.

HTH m8.

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1032.jpg

On ‎18‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, VFR78 said:

I also managed to get some panniers from a guy who destroyed his Viffer in the Snowy Mountains, without the panniers on it. The local Honda shop couldn't even find the rubber bits in the parts catalogue so I bought some simple 16mm bungs from the local hardware store. Photos attached.

IMG_0983.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Thanks for this.  I've ordered some 16mm walking stick ferrules on eBay while I wait for Honda to get stock of the step kit.

Archived