Are These Rear Lowering Links?

So I've recently gotten hold of this lovely '97 and found these rear shock links installed. I don't think they're OEM. Can anyone verify whether they're aftermarket lowering links? Thanks.

IMG_3546.jpg

• Member Contributer

do you have a better picture of the shock?   the linkage plates look right, and typically the lowering links I've seen are a different dogbone (that bar going from the lower bolt to the chassis)..   I'm inclined to think that someone installed a different shock w/ some sort of extender to make up for OAL difference.

• Member Contributer

IIRC, the OEM ones are stamped "MZ7" or whatever the PCN is for the 4th gen.  I have some from a 900RR and they have something similar, as well as an arrow pointing towards the "CUSH" (Honda-speak for rear shock).  You could tell for sure by measuring the distances between the holes.  I know somebody's published the OEM and lowering measurements for VFR side plates, but that may have been for the 5th gen?  OEM ones are also plated steel--those look somewhat aluminium to me.

It is much easier to fabricate new side plates than dogbones!

Ciao,

Thanks, JZH. Definitely not OEM. If anyone has an OEM set I would appreciate the measurements hole-to-hole. That would allow me to determine if they're lowered.

Archived