Comfort on VFR

jangermann

Anyone got a aftermarket comfort seat or rebuild? What to buy? 

My butt hurts after 1hour and I would like a softer seat. It is easy to find a comfort seat for older VFR's but for the 8gen only Corbin seems to make them, and Bagster can rebuild it.

Another thing is the front fork. I think it is hard, anyone tried aftermarket springs for better comfort?

Yes I am old and weak but still want to drive VFR :-)

• Member Contributer
6 minutes ago, floridarider said:

I purchased 8 or 9 corbin seats over the years. I think they triple my riding time. I am 64 but not weak. Alright maybe a little.

I'm reminded of a song :tongue:

Where in Fla are you?  We might be putting together a VFR meet in September on a Thursday night at the new Ace Cafe in Orlando - see this thread from the other forum if interested:

http://vfrworld.com/threads/ace-cafe-in-orlando.53710/#post-569572

• Member Contributer

I bought a leather cover for my 5th gen & fitted it directly over the existing vinyl cover, this reinforces the seat & the comfort is much better, plus its not slidy like the vinyl was. I've done 300 plus mile days with no rear end stress. Soft seats are not good for riding, they kill the blood suply to your butt, as does a too hard one, I found the stock seat too soft, so better now :) Soft seats lack support & lock you in place, better to get used to your seat, baring in mind that are made stiffer noawadays so they wear in, wher as in the past they were too soft & just got worse over time.

• Member Contributer

For most of us who are kilogrammatically challenged (overweight) the front fork is under sprung.  I have 0.95 kg/mm springs in mine...stiffer than stock and they are designed to match my weight...they are a little plush in fact.  For trackdays it was recommended 1.0 or 1.1 for me.

Matt

Just talked to the local saddlery (sorry don't know the english word, hope you know what I mean).

They will remove 2 centimeters of the top foam of the seat and replace it with a softer pressurefoam, total price 100euro. That should solve the problem. 

16 minutes ago, jangermann said:

Just talked to the local saddlery (sorry don't know the english word, hope you know what I mean).

They will remove 2 centimeters of the top foam of the seat and replace it with a softer pressurefoam, total price 100euro. That should solve the problem. 

That seems like a good price. (Oh, and saddlery is as good a word as any!)

Archived