No power, wont jump start

thor4life

Bike has been running like a charm until I try and start it this morning. Bike sat for a couple weeks, covered. Found that two of the fuses were randomly blown (no idea how or when this happened.) Replaced fuses, but have 0 power. The only thing that works is the clock. Tried to jump start it was the car, but this changes nothing. First thought was main fuse, but it's fine. Checked all the connectors I can think of, and they're all snug. Battery terminals are tight and clean. 

Sure feels like I lost a wire somewhere, but I'm not seeing one in my searches. Ideas?

Thanks in advanced

Well, looks like I solved it. Tore into the harness after work today and what I found was...adventurous. Ended up bypassing the ignition switch to get it to run. It'll suffice for the limited number of days I have left to ride, then I'll do a full rewire over the winter. She needs it.

• Member Contributer

That's Honda for you. After 20 years of trouble free service, they become prone to the odd niggling trouble. 

Rubbish quality. :goofy:

• 2 weeks later...
Well, looks like I solved it. Tore into the harness after work today and what I found was...adventurous. Ended up bypassing the ignition switch to get it to run. It'll suffice for the limited number of days I have left to ride, then I'll do a full rewire over the winter. She needs it.
What was the issue? What did you find? I am having the same symptoms on my bike, but it's a '94!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Archived