Yamaha FZ-09 v. Honda VFR800 exhaust comparo

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer

So as I was leaving the gym tonight I see a nice orange FZ-09 has parked next to me.  Its owner Rafael was very nice and started it up so we could do a quick exhaust comparo :tongue:  The 2014 FZ-09's 847cc in-line triple has roughly 10 more hp and lb-ft of torque than the VFR800's 782cc V4 but IMO the V4 sounds much better - enjoy!

IMG_2460.JPG

I see you are comparing stock FZ-09  with Non-stock VFR.   Many owners of the FZ-09 change out their exhaust which make them lower pitched and louder.   If you see one with a non-stock exhaust,  try recording both again.   I think they will sound more alike.

I happen to own a 2014 FZ-09  and a 1997 VFR750F,  both with stock exhaust.  At freeway speed wearing ear plugs  I can hear the FZ just a little.  In most cases I do not hear the VFR.

The tone of the VFR seems less tinny and is more enjoyable to my ears.  I don't plan to change either one.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

From what I can tell from YouTube videos, my VFR really needs an XSR900 parked next to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a nice combo to have!

• Member Contributer
On 8/11/2017 at 1:09 AM, billnoroville said:

I see you are comparing stock FZ-09  with Non-stock VFR.   Many owners of the FZ-09 change out their exhaust which make them lower pitched and louder.   If you see one with a non-stock exhaust,  try recording both again.   I think they will sound more alike.

I happen to own a 2014 FZ-09  and a 1997 VFR750F,  both with stock exhaust.  At freeway speed wearing ear plugs  I can hear the FZ just a little.  In most cases I do not hear the VFR.

The tone of the VFR seems less tinny and is more enjoyable to my ears.  I don't plan to change either one.

LOL - yeah sorry  - I knew it wasn't a fair fight.  But here's a good vid of FZ-09's with aftermarket flamethrowers, er, exhausts :tongue:

Archived