Can you ID these brake rotors?

Rockatansky

Question

After a landscaper knocked my 1998 VFR800 over in the parking lot outside my apartment (with a lawnmower... that slid down a hill... across a sidewalk... and over a curb!), their insurance company has decided to total my bike and offered me $2085 (base NADA value without any market or modification consideration) to take it away, or about $1200 if I keep it.  I have already counter-offered, and the insurer has replied with a request for how I reached my value, so I am building my case for an increased valuation based on average price for similar model years and the value of the parts and accessories on the bike.  Unfortunately, since I only got my VFR in May of this year, I was not the one who bought and installed any of the parts, so IDing and valuing them has been a task.  Most of the accessories and parts have been easy enough to ID, but I can't tell where the front brake rotors came from, and the PO hasn't been responsive to my questions.  Here's a crappy cellphone pic:

ioH1YDom.jpg

There aren't any clear identifying markings that I can find, and the hub just lists the minimum disc thickness.  I was thinking they might be Galfers, but I have searched ebay, revzilla, and google in general, and I haven't come up with a rotor that exactly matched the design of this one, Galfer or otherwise.

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated!

1 answer to this question

• Member Contributer

Hard to tell by the pic but EBC makes rotors in different colors but they look a little different than yours. Then again, they do have different models, so take a look at their catalog online.

Archived