Motorcycle DVR (Dashcam)

StubyDoo

I bought this DVR from China on eBay and it arrived in less than a week and cost £44.  Easy to fit taking a switched feed from the ACC fuse and negative to the battery.  It records front and rear in 2 minute files.  The tiny size means it fits easily under the seat of an 8th gen and the wires are easy to hide.

Footage of part of my trip home from work. I'm happy with the quality but I could have picked a better clip with cars in front of me :)
https://youtu.be/cq6JAsFXtBU

dvr1.jpg

dvr2.jpg

dvr3.jpg

Not sure if tape is playing backwards or if you are riding on the wrong side of the road....

How many 2 minute files does the recorder hang onto before overwriting the old stuff (assuming it's on some sort of loop).  My worry would be that I go down (for whatever reason) and the camera keeps recording losing the video of the crash.

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, crakerjac said:

Not sure if tape is playing backwards or if you are riding on the wrong side of the road....

How many 2 minute files does the recorder hang onto before overwriting the old stuff (assuming it's on some sort of loop).  My worry would be that I go down (for whatever reason) and the camera keeps recording losing the video of the crash.

No, it's you that drive on the wrong side of the road! :beatdeadhorse::wink:

I have a 32gb card in mine and it stores hours and hours of footage. I don't know if Stu's camera has this but mine senses a crash and automatically saves the file it's recording plus there's a button on the camera you press to save a file too. Even so, there's days worth of footage on it before it starts to overwrite.

• Member Contributer

Damn... just spent almost $300 on a GoPro. The quality is better but not that much and its only battery operated with no ability to change batteries. And it only "looks" one way. Bummer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

Damn... just spent almost $300 on a GoPro. The quality is better but not that much and its only battery operated with no ability to change batteries. And it only "looks" one way. Bummer.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I feel your pain.  I was looking at the Sena intercom with build in camera and would have bought one for £300 if the battery life had been more than 2hrs.  Set and forget is the big winner for me.

I've been using my Sena 5S daily since April and my battery already seems to only last about half as long as it did when new. I don't think I'd buy their camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived