Whoosh noise then engine cuts out

Bikermike1

Can anyone help, after a long run when I pull up or come to a junction, pull the clutch in I hear a whoosh noise like a sudden release of air then the engine cuts out, smoke comes from under the tank near the handle bars. The engine will restart and I'm on my way again. Any help is appreciated. 

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Bikermike1 said:

Can anyone help, after a long run when I pull up or come to a junction, pull the clutch in I hear a whoosh noise like a sudden release of air then the engine cuts out, smoke comes from under the tank near the handle bars. The engine will restart and I'm on my way again. Any help is appreciated. 

Strange never heard of this ; More Info.

Is your bike running normally as far as, fuel economy, acceleration, smoothness and idle.?

Engine Temperature Normal?

Did this happen just after a service?

Does the smoke smell like burning oil?

Any flashing error code for your EFI?

Is  there a possibility your engine oil has been grossly overfilled?

Remove your air filter and have a good look at the throttle body area - any pooling of oil?

I've done 1000 miles since the last service, this happened twice and it is when the engine is idling, other than that everything looks and runs as normal. When I get some free time I'll remove the tank and do some investigating. 

• Member Contributer
1 minute ago, Bikermike1 said:

I've done 1000 miles since the last service, this happened twice and it is when the engine is idling, other than that everything looks and runs as normal. When I get some free time I'll remove the tank and do some investigating. 

Have you had a good look at your Oil Level???

10 hours ago, Bikermike1 said:

So I've lifted the tank and noticed the air filter housing vents are in the vicinity of where the whoosh noise and smoke came from, I'm no mechanic so forgive me if I am way of the mark but their is a vacuum chamber associated with air filter housing, could this be at fault and causing the whoosh noise?

Archived