DAM exhaust is AWESOME (Review)

Hey all.

First off, no I don't work for DAM in any way, shape or form, I'm just rewarding some great people with some great words.

Long story short, I wanted a nice exhaust to compliment the bike.  My top picks were the Arrow and the Akra.  I stumbled upon DAM and fell in love.  Pictures don't do the exhaust justice.  It is a QUALITY piece.  Excellent craftsmanship.  Welds of beauty.  Drool worthy.  I decided to go with the classic polished look as the bike (IMHO) deserves a bit of "bling".  Well, I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Everyone I ride with or who I've met on bike nights compliments this thing.  Then again, the newer generation of the VFR is a rare bike in itself...that definitely has something to do with it.  Yes, there are more thrifty options out there (and more expensive) but this piece is EASILY worth it.  Shipping and ordering were also easy as pie and went according to schedule.  The exhaust comes with a "sport" baffle, but that thing was gone the second I took the wrapping off.  I haven't tried it yet and most likely never will.

David @ DAM was a pleasure to work with and we exchanged at least 20 Emails because I asked every question in the book...which he was glad to answer.  These pipes are custom made to order and like mine, can be had without an emblem on them.  The emblems do look very nice, but I prefer the stealth look for my baby.

As for the sound...I can't put it into words.  Even a video doesn't do it justice.  I will have some videos up very soon...cold start, idling, revs, fly-bys and some WOT runs from 0-200+ Kph.  The exhaust is bloody perfect.  I don't hear any droning or unpleasantness from it at all.  It is perfect to cruise around in and to be honest, when tooling around town, never attracts unwanted attention.  It is quite civilized.  Cruising in 6th on the highway...perfection.  Again, no drone...no unwanted BS with piling on the miles.  Once you give it the beans, though, it really wakes up and sounds fantastic.  It really is the best of both worlds.  I'm truly smitten by this piece.

For now, here are some pictures of this beauty.  Also, yes...the bike is brand new (had 1 Km when I took these photos)...very fresh indeed.  I've only got about 1000 Km's on it at the moment (many more to come) but every one of those Km's had been this beauty installed.  Cheers!

DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0074.JPG

No offense, but I don't really care for the polished on the VFR.  There isn't any chrome on the bike for it to match, so it looks a little out of place.  That's why I went with the matte finish on mine.  It's still not a perfect match to the silver of the frame, but it's close.  But I agree, it's a great pipe.  I've been running mine with the sport db killer installed since I got it.  It's actually gotten a bit louder over the 2 years/10K+ miles I've been running it.

IMG_20150704_104358982.jpg

1 hour ago, DriverDave said:

No offense, but I don't really care for the polished on the VFR.  There isn't any chrome on the bike for it to match, so it looks a little out of place.  That's why I went with the matte finish on mine.  It's still not a perfect match to the silver of the frame, but it's close.  But I agree, it's a great pipe.  I've been running mine with the sport db killer installed since I got it.  It's actually gotten a bit louder over the 2 years/10K+ miles I've been running it.

IMG_20150704_104358982.jpg

No offense at all!

I actually looked at your picture a few times before...it helped me decide that matte was not for me.  While it still looks good, I just thought it blended in too much.  IMHO, I just wanted something to give the bike some "pop".

Have you tried with the baffle out yet?  I obviously can't say anything about the baffle being in as it has been collecting dust since day 1, but it isn't terribly loud without one.  It rides perfect, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Matte finish plus VFR logo on mine. Could not agree more with the rave review. Outstanding workmanship and service alike. I ride it with the baffle installed (living in Germany, I better do), but the sound is quite sweet nevertheless.

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

Still think the delkevic at £175 is great value. Sounds great and now 3 years old and 15,000 miles still in fantastic condition.
Plus free up that beautiful rear wheel

7640303f3e00364b9dc026a4a0bea6f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived