Dmr Suspension

Tews19

I am wondering if anyone has installed his set up in their 8th gen? I'm not sure if the set up drastically makes the Vfr handle that much better and I am looking for some insight! Thanks in advance. 

• Member Contributer

If it can make an 8th gen handle drastically better than Smoke's 8th gen deluxe as seen below than that would be stupendous - I believe his only mods were a slip-on exhaust and the quickshifter modded to a GP shift pattern - stock suspension!

• Member Contributer

I have a "standard" neutered US model, so I plan to do this when I hit 16k mi or so. I'm a heavier guy so I can't imagine it'll hurt.

• Member Contributer

Nice video, watched it twice, the track is in appalling condition, cracks everywhere, still no adverse camber, where is it?

Who ever is riding the camera bike is tipping into the corners to early and running wide, also losing cornering speed in the first few laps

If you watch the bike in front his tipping point is later and he seems to be carrying more speed

Just IMHO as an ex racer

1 hour ago, Thumbs said:

Nice video, watched it twice, the track is in appalling condition, cracks everywhere, still no adverse camber, where is it?

Who ever is riding the camera bike is tipping into the corners to early and running wide, also losing cornering speed in the first few laps

If you watch the bike in front his tipping point is later and he seems to be carrying more speed

Just IMHO as an ex racer

Do you think the rider would benefit from an upgraded suspensionsuch as DMR's?

• Member Contributer

Possibly but tipping into corners is going to make more difference, it's semi instinctive to prepare for a corner, but leaving the tipping point later means you have longer on the brakes and you'll never run wide on the exit, Johnny Rea has it of to a tee, Sykes however doesn't ... If you watch them you'll see what I mean, when Rea gets it wrong he runs wide every time 

The suspension seems OK, where is the camera mounted 

Most road riders tip in to corners to early, newbies especially as they try to go faster and then run wide and think WTF was all that about 

If you use a track regularly then start by choosing a tipping in point that's comfortable then slowly move the point closer to the corner and carry a bit more speed, it'll gradually come to you, just don't over cook it finding the correct point for you

This will put load onto the front in which case you'll benefit from the DMR units and the 2 together will reduce your lap times, which is what you're after 

When you fit then, write up and pics please

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Tews19 said:

Do you think the rider would benefit from an upgraded suspensionsuch as DMR's?

99% of twisty roads are not as smooth and friendly as a track. The suspension upgrades would be very notable on imperfect road surfaces.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, Thumbs said:

Just IMHO as an ex racer

The video was made by our fellow member Smoke at Summit Point in the extreme eastern tip of West Virginia about 75 miles northwest of Washington D.C., here's a link to their website:  http://summitpoint-raceway.com/.  I just watched it again on my big screen - I got a little dizzy from all the leaning LOL.  I think he said his camera was mounted to the nose of his 8th gen.   In the vid comments he mentioned he was riding on Bridgestone T30 EVO at 33 psi.   

It looked to me like Smoke was just getting warmed up the first couple of laps but by the very end of the second lap he started kicking @$$.  I like how even though he got passed at the beginning of the very last lap on the long straightaway (by obviously much faster top-speed bikes) he was able to reel them both in and pass them by the 3rd turn - very impressive for a basically stock 520+ pound sports-tourer riding on sport-touring tires complete with a center stand! :tongue:

Archived