Helibars without dampeners

slowbird

Question

• Member Contributer

I have been researching Helibars for awhile now and I read about the pain of having to remove the dampening inserts in the stock bars.

I picked up a used set of helibars yesterday and low and behold the ends of them are sealed with just the threaded hole for the bar-ends.

The PO said the step for the dampeners isn't needed, and the instructions that come in the box say the same.

Are there different versions of helis where some need the stock dampeners put in and others that don't?

Or do the 5th gen helibars not need them?

2 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

My 5G came with a locally-made version of Helibars, and without any dampening weights. I had no issues with vibes, but I was coming off a Suzuki RF900 that was fairly vibey.

• Member Contributer
On 7/26/2017 at 11:53 PM, Terry said:

My 5G came with a locally-made version of Helibars, and without any dampening weights. I had no issues with vibes, but I was coming off a Suzuki RF900 that was fairly vibey.

I'm not asking because I am concerned with Vibration. I'm curious as to why these Helibars are different than the ones I keep reading about or from what I see on the Helibar website that mention the re/re of the Damper units/weights and these appear to skip those steps.

Rh1QU3Al.jpg
vZp4qFNl.jpg
4hH3Zn1l.jpg

Archived