HOLY STICKER SHOCK Batman

lancruza

I'm wanting a blue 5th gen VFR.  I was considering doing a respray to change over whatever I buy, probably red since that's the most popular color, to blue.   After doing a little research I see that the correct paint code is PB215C, Candy Tahitian Blue.  It's a tri-coat paint with 2 base coats and then a clear.  Here's the problem.... Color - Rite wants $199 for a quart of base 1 and another $199 for a quart of base 2 and then $60 for a quart of clear.  So $458 just for paint only.  WHAT THE WHAT?????  Someone please tell me that there is an alternative paint source for this paint.  SHOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEE!  If I can't get the OEM paint for the VFR any cheaper than that, I may have to go with an S2k color that's pretty close - B545P Laguna Blue Pearl

maxresdefault.jpg

• Member Contributer

Speaking of sticker(s), have you priced those yet ? :laughing6-hehe:

For a full respray, go with the car paint. I don't know if it's close enough that nobody will notice but it'll look just as good. :fing02:

If this beautiful S2000 is yours, that would be a perfect match

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

Body pieces are $500+ new, and close to that used, when you can find them.

Paint sounds like the way to go, regardless of which blue you pick. They will all look good.

11 hours ago, bdouvill said:

If this beautiful S2000 is yours, that would be a perfect match emoji6.png

Envoyé de mon SM-A510F en utilisant Tapatalk

That Laguna blue color is beautiful.  It's not my car.  I just put a picture of it for reference to the color.  My S2K is an 06 and it's Silverstone in color.  Luv my S2K. 

11 hours ago, RC36Rider said:

Speaking of sticker(s), have you priced those yet ? :laughing6-hehe:

For a full respray, go with the car paint. I don't know if it's close enough that nobody will notice but it'll look just as good. :fing02:

No, I haven't.  By the way that you asked, I'm sure that I don't want to know, lol.  With all these high prices, this project may get derailed pretty quick.  :mad:

9 hours ago, marriedman said:

Honestly, I have always loved the Kawasaki Plasma blue. 

It really catches the light so that it looks like there is some depth to the paint. 

Yeah, that's a great looking Kaw.  There's just something about this shade of blue that I really like.

4 hours ago, thtanner said:

Body pieces are $500+ new, and close to that used, when you can find them.

Paint sounds like the way to go, regardless of which blue you pick. They will all look good.

Yep, totally agree.

Archived