Blue VFR

lancruza

Hey everyone.  I owned a 96 VFR 15 years ago.  I'm currently looking for a 5th gen.  I live in the US and I realize that there were no blue VFR's brought into the states during the 5th gen.  Did they bring blue ones into Canada?  I've seen a few pics of the blue and was wondering if these were all conversions.  I'm guessing that there were blue VFR's in other parts of the world?  Has anyone here had any experience with buying blue panels and replacing existing panels?  pic for reference.2000-Honda-VFR800-219032.jpg

• Member Contributer

Canada/Europe/AU got them in 2000 I believe.

We've converted my wife's 5th gen to blue. Finding the panels, tank, etc were .. near impossible at times. Chinese aftermarket fairings get you there quicker, just not as nice. Cheaper to ship in a blue bike than put it together with OEM plastics/tank.

Why not just paint the existing panels, that would ensure that all the different panels are actually the same colour and not all faded to different shades of blue.

26 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Canada/Europe/AU got them in 2000 I believe.

We've converted my wife's 5th gen to blue. Finding the panels, tank, etc were .. near impossible at times. Chinese aftermarket fairings get you there quicker, just not as nice. Cheaper to ship in a blue bike than put it together with OEM plastics/tank.

I've seen a couple for sale north of the border.  Not sure how easy it would be to get one brought over.

10 minutes ago, PeterUC said:

Why not just paint the existing panels, that would ensure that all the different panels are actually the same colour and not all faded to different shades of blue.

Yeah, considering this option also.  This is probably the simplest and cheapest option.  I guess I need to find the paint code for 2000 VFR blue. 

• Member Contributer

Here in Canada we got all the colours, Red, Yellow, Silver, Blue and Green, which is the least common of all

00-vfr800-green.gif

Myself I have the blue with silver wheels.

blue vfr.jpg

Best colour ever - PB-257M 1996 Honda VFR 750FT Lapis Blue

but just in case

PB-256M Northernlight blue metallic
PB-257M Lapis blue metallic
PB-261M Andes blue metallic
PB-262P Pearl great blue
PB-265 Lightning eye blue
PB-269P Pearl flashing blue
PB-270 Sardinia blue
PB-273M Sahara blue metallic
PB-284C Candy phoenix blue
PB-287M Nexus blue metallic
PB-293M Ultimative blue metallic
PB-294M Primary blue metallic
PB-296M Moody (temper) blue metallic
PB-297M Sevilla blue metallic
PB-299M Ice blue metallic
PB-304P Pearl apollo blue
PB-308P Pearl spencer blue
PB-324C Candy xenon blue
PB-325M Candy lighting blue metallic
PB-332P Pearl heron blue
PB-333M Tropea blue metallic
PB-341P Pearl breezy blue
PB-342M North pole blue metallic
PB-346 Pearl blue
PB-347M Matt calondonite blue metallic
PB-348M Matt barents blue metallic
PB-351P Pearl montana blue
PB-352M Matt xenon blue metallic
PB-356M Nova blue metallic  :wink:

UK here. We got: 50th / red / blue / silver / black / green  - never seen a yellow.  I do like the green, but have a red which is the most common. Only ever seen one green.

I've seen two yellow 5th gens in Oxford. Parked outside where the owners work in town. Oh and another one in Penzance. UK.

b809380abb8a4f7af983d78ea4eacbfa.jpg

Sorry to be off topic.

• Member Contributer

The 5th gen blue is Candy Tahitian blue, an OEM colour in 2000 and 2001 in most non-US markets.  (In 2000 the wheels were black and the "VFR" logo faded; in 2001 the wheels were silver and the "VFR" logo was solid.)  Yellow was the only "Y2K" color in the USA, but it was a 1999-only option in the ROW.  New plastic is very hard to come by these days, so the "colour change" option is no longer viable, I'm afraid.

Ciao,

On 7/23/2017 at 7:54 PM, lancruza said:

I've seen a couple for sale north of the border.  Not sure how easy it would be to get one brought over.

Yeah, considering this option also.  This is probably the simplest and cheapest option.  I guess I need to find the paint code for 2000 VFR blue. 

PB215 is the paint code for Candy Tahitian Blue

I painted mine Blue, but it was an Audi color: Mugello Blue

Since I bought my VFR1200, I've been thinking about selling.   Hit me up off list for more info. 

Michael

CB1rally.jpg

Archived