Led Headlight conversion

Silvo

Anyone done a led headlight conversion for a Honda VFR1200f yet?

I see there is a couple of led conversion kits on ebay, but the back of the led module have heatsinks on the back.. Are they short enough to fit inside the headlight lens housing? Or do they protrude out the back of the housing to ventilate?  If so, how do you seal the lens housing once you removed the cap on the back? Anyone have experience with this?

• Member Contributer

I have done this. Got a kit on Ebay that works well with my K1600GTL. Put the LED for both High and low beams but I wasn't happy with the throw on the low beam. My current situation is that I have it HID in the low beam and the LED in the high beam.

• Member Contributer

If those bulbs produce any heat, I would install ceramic H4 connectors to avoid the problem that I just had.  The stock connector on the back of my bulbs melted and shorted out.  (Typical California dry hot day).  They have ceramic high heat connectors on ebay for $3.56 each.  Save yourself a headache and install them if the connectors on the 1200 are plastic.  

https://www.amazon.com/RDEXP-Ceramic-Harness-Headlight-Connector/dp/B06XSH8JF9/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1500933098&sr=8-2&keywords=high+heat+h4+bulb+connectors

• 1 month later...

Archived