Camera

StubyDoo

Has anyone permanently mounted a camera to a new VFR?  If so, which camera and where did you mount it.  I'm looking for a either a secure mount or stealthy location to mount one.

I nearly bought a Sena 10c but the battery only lasts 2 hours which is no good if out for a day's riding.

• Member Contributer

Use a roadhawk ride +.  wired into the bike so it comes on when you turn on the ignition and switches off when you switch off. Fitted with a 32Gb card which  can be over written.

Had previously mounted on wing mirror but too many vibes.  Camera in pics is the old roadhawk which is now being heavily discounted.   Comes with several brackets so mounting places can be left up to you.  if your looking for stealth then under the nose would be good.

IMG_1692.thumb.JPG.d91d665c5c1a36bfaa83b517125cb4ef.JPGpost-31868-0-94924200-1458169300.jpeg

• Member Contributer

Check out a company called INNOVV, they have a couple of cameras that work really well and even have a dual camera kit. I have 2 of their C3 snake cameras mounted to my 5 Gen. I'm planning on replacing them with their new C5 version.

IMG_2926_zpsbbweecln.jpg

IMG_2923_zpsscskxmns.jpg

• Member Contributer

On my 6 Gen I have a set of "flashlight" cameras that I got from a website called GearBest.com. These are "knock offs" of a SooCoo S20W camera. BTW both bikes have a power control module (PDM60) which I have programmed to turn on and off the power to them with the ignition.

IMG_3005_zpsdoqqkpbe.jpg

IMG_3004_zpsuuyd0e6o.jpg

IMG_3001_zpsnnf7ubze.jpg

IMG_2999_zpsw0qidstx.jpg

• Member Contributer

Stu, I have one on the 800X if you want a chat. Out tonight but around all weekend.

GPS, wifi, overwrites old files on a loop, crash detection, HD. Not stealthy but is very good, you've probably seen the footage on t'Snug.

IMAG1009.jpg

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, StubyDoo said:

Thanks for the swift reply and photos, I'll have a look at one of these.  Which wire did you tap into to get a switched feed?

I make up harnesses which plug into the bikes harness and provide a fused switched feed. Pm me for more info. 

12 hours ago, StubyDoo said:

Has anyone permanently mounted a camera to a new VFR?  If so, which camera and where did you mount it.  I'm looking for a either a secure mount or stealthy location to mount one.

I nearly bought a Sena 10c but the battery only lasts 2 hours which is no good if out for a day's riding.

The 10c can be used while charging on the bike so 2 hours doesn't matter and it can video in loop mode and overwrite the oldest files. You can specify the length of the loops, 3 choices I think.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, duccmann said:

Hey D is that front mount c3 easily unplugged so it doesn't get stolen at work?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lens cable that connects to the recorder is zipped tied down, but the recorder itself can easily be removed and stowed away. If you look at the rear camera setup, I have the recorder on a ram mount that uses one of the rear grab handle mounting bolts to secure it to the bike. Both the front and rear recorders can easily be removed without a huge hassle, however I do use zip ties to keep the rear recorder secured as I cannot see it like I can with the front camera. The 6 Gen ram mounts though, have "anti-theft" mechanisms on the ram mounts hat help deter thieves. Nothing is fool proof but I have had both bikes parked in public spaces for several hours and not a hint of tampering.

Archived