2015 vfr800 deluxe red, good price?

Gobux

• Member Contributer

They are supposed to be on a MUCH steeper discount than that. Other dealers are offering that for sub 10k throughout the country.

• Member Contributer
20 hours ago, Samuelx said:

just one example:

https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Vetesnik-Powersports-Super-Store-828990/listing/2015-Honda-Interceptor-DLX-122474933

shipping via HaulBikes might run you $600 (but call for a quote)... 

Wow that's a great deal for a new white deluxe!  To the OP, you should be able to do much better than $12.5K these days - cycletrader is your friend - maybe suggest to your Ohio dealer that a ride from Wisconsin to Ohio on some nice back roads could be a fun way to break in a new bike :wink:

I scored mine 72 hours ago for $9,999 otd with only 1 mile on it.  There's another one (red) at Freedom Powersports in Huntsville (AL) if you want to try for it.  Ask for Becca.  Good luck!

There's a new white one going for $8,999 in Dallas. No matter where you are in the country, you could buy it and have it shipped to you in the back of a Rolls Royce and still come out ahead. Just wait, a red one will be along shortly.

See https://www.cycletrader.com/dealers/Al-Lamb's-Dallas-Honda-2890286/listing/2015-Honda-VFR800-Interceptor-Deluxe-121259773.

• Member Contributer
On 8/2/2017 at 10:19 PM, DriverDave said:

My dealer has a pair of new red 2014's...a Deluxe for $7499. And a Standard for $6499.

That deserves a WOW...

Really messes with a 5th gen sellers $

I gotta get a ride on an 8th....

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, mello dude said:

That deserves a WOW...

Really messes with a 5th gen sellers $

I gotta get a ride on an 8th....

It's a worthy successor. It feels like a VFR800, rides like a VFR800, and looks like a (really good looking) VFR800. Styling elements from all generations (750s, 800s, and 1200s) can be seen and picked out if you spend the time to do so. Is more powerful? No. Is the suspension that of a super sport? No, but the 800s have never had that. It's a VFR800.

It has some subtle refinements, too. The 2 piece seat is excellent. In addition to the height adjustment, the pillion seat has 4 straps under it to easily strap a bag to so you don't have to strap it to the bike itself. Also, if you use the cowl, it gives you additional storage space as it replaces the pillion seat entirely. The extra low end torque is notable; the bike can be ridden at 2400rpm without lugging. The revs automatically raise 250rpms as you let the clutch out to help with smooth off-the-line acceleration. The VTEC dip is basically gone. What about that nice rear wheel, and updated swing-arm styling? Honda did a lot of little nice things that seemingly overlooked. They did price it at least $2k US too high to begin with, though.

So if you're after a new VFR800.. then the 8th will please. If you're expecting it to have morphed into something else (like a lot of people seem to,) then it will disappoint.

It gives me the same smiles my 5th does.. minus the geared cams, but the improved VTEC is a worthy trade-off (... and I never thought I would EVER say that.) I almost felt like the community didn't give it a fair shake at first. Handles twisties great, freeways great, in town just fine.

Hello, new member here waiting on my VFR to arrive.

I found a new in crate '14 VFR 800 Deluxe in red for $6500 +$150 doc fees OTD from a dealership in the Denver CO area. They also threw in the $300 Honda bucks into the deal which helped offset the shipping cost. The bike should be here soon at my door, I'm getting pretty damn anxious.

There are more deals to be had there on both standard and deluxe models.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, Whipped99 said:

Hello, new member here waiting on my VFR to arrive.

I found a new in crate '14 VFR 800 Deluxe in red for $6500 +$150 doc fees OTD from a dealership in the Denver CO area. They also threw in the $300 Honda bucks into the deal which helped offset the shipping cost. The bike should be here soon at my door, I'm getting pretty damn anxious.

There are more deals to be had there on both standard and deluxe models.

Awesome - you're at least the second person on the forum this week to score a long distance deal from Colorado - enjoy!   One dude said he's flying from Orlando to Denver to ride his back as we speak!  Maybe the dealer there is finally having an inventory blowout sale so he can raise money to buy some weed now that it's legal there? :tongue:

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, thtanner said:

It's a worthy successor. It feels like a VFR800, rides like a VFR800, and looks like a (really good looking) VFR800. Styling elements from all generations (750s, 800s, and 1200s) can be seen and picked out if you spend the time to do so. Is more powerful? No. Is the suspension that of a super sport? No, but the 800s have never had that. It's a VFR800.

It has some subtle refinements, too. The 2 piece seat is excellent. In addition to the height adjustment, the pillion seat has 4 straps under it to easily strap a bag to so you don't have to strap it to the bike itself. Also, if you use the cowl, it gives you additional storage space as it replaces the pillion seat entirely. The extra low end torque is notable; the bike can be ridden at 2400rpm without lugging. The revs automatically raise 250rpms as you let the clutch out to help with smooth off-the-line acceleration. The VTEC dip is basically gone. What about that nice rear wheel, and updated swing-arm styling? Honda did a lot of little nice things that seemingly overlooked. They did price it at least $2k US too high to begin with, though.

So if you're after a new VFR800.. then the 8th will please. If you're expecting it to have morphed into something else (like a lot of people seem to,) then it will disappoint.

It gives me the same smiles my 5th does.. minus the geared cams, but the improved VTEC is a worthy trade-off (... and I never thought I would EVER say that.) I almost felt like the community didn't give it a fair shake at first. Handles twisties great, freeways great, in town just fine.

Tanner, I found your comment about the revs automatically going up by 250 rpm when letting out the clutch very interesting - I never knew that.  Where did you get that info?  Would explain why the bike is so nice off the line.

I agree with all your other comments.  The 8th gen doesn't get nearly enough love IMO for how great it iwas when it came out in '14 and still is for '17 in those markets where it is still being marketed.  I love almost everything about the 8th gen but the styling is probably my favorite part of this bike.  It was love at first site for me.  I think it still looks very fresh and modern and will do so for many years to come since the newly designed for '17 CBR1000RR has adopted a similar looking nose with LED headlights - Honda will probably stick to that design for the next 8 years at least.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Tanner, I found your comment about the revs automatically going up by 250 rpm when letting out the clutch very interesting - I never knew that.  Where did you get that info?  Would explain why the bike is so nice off the line.

Just hold in the clutch 100% all the way in 1st gear, and then let it out half way (just before it begins to grab). You'll see the RPM jump from your idle rpm (should be ~1200rpm) to ~1450rpm.

3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Wow Greg, how have you never noticed that?  I noticed it within the first week of ownership.

• Member Contributer
55 minutes ago, thtanner said:

Just hold in the clutch 100% all the way in 1st gear, and then let it out half way (just before it begins to grab). You'll see the RPM jump from your idle rpm (should be ~1200rpm) to ~1450rpm.

LOL, that's assuming you adjusted the idle down from the factory setting of 3000 or whatever the hell it was.

And yeah, I noticed that the first day out too.

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, DriverDave said:

Wow Greg, how have you never noticed that?  I noticed it within the first week of ownership.

I dunno - If it ever stops raining I'll go out and experiment.  How does the bike's computer control upping the rpm if there's no throttle by wire?

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, thtanner said:

Hmmm...in hindsight this may partially explain why I was having so much trouble keeping a consistent low speed when I was in the Xmas parade (see vid below) throwing candy with my right hand - the bike was apparently giving ITSELF gas whenever I let the clutch out! :tongue:   I had to use a lot of rear brake along with swapping from 1st to N to keep the bike from going too fast.  I didn't want to ride the clutch too much.  Any advice for riding the bike slow in a parade in case I find myself doing it again?

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, GatorGreg said:

I dunno - If it ever stops raining I'll go out and experiment.  How does the bike's computer control upping the rpm if there's no throttle by wire?

Hi Greg.

This function is also temperature related. With a cold engine the effect can be as much as 1000rpm, as the engine warms the effect drops back to 250rpm approx. 

Thers is no need for throttle by wire for this effect as the ECM receives all the information it needs to make a fuel injection trim for a given set of conditions, it's all about the internal software in the ECM.

From memory I think the 6th gen also had this function, it's so well managed that you wouldn't really notice the effect.

Pop your bike on its Center stand fire up the engine, side stand up, pull in the clutch stick it in first gear then let the clutch out. As soon as the clutch micro switch is activated you will see the effect.

Cheers.

Grum.

• Member Contributer
25 minutes ago, Tews19 said:

Can someone please take a pic of where I adjust the idle? 

No real need, just look slightly above and forward of your clutch slave cylinder on the left side of your bike.  It's the black knob, no need to remove fairings. Adjust it for a fully warmed engine idle 1200rpm

There are pictures I remember in a thread way back regarding idle adjustment.

Cheers.

Ok then here you go.

smugshot_7061446-X2.jpg&key=94959e2ad41f

Archived