First long road trip on any bike starts tomorrow

rckrzy1

I have a c4-c7 fusion which is were hands get nerve inputs from, I may have aggravated my c2-c3 . I will wait a week before seeing the doc.

Aggravated is an understatement.

Have 5-6 fused so I feel your pain

Thats a shit load of miles you did.

Hope you're feelin better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
On 7/26/2017 at 3:08 PM, thtanner said:

We get random people asking about our VFRs all the time. It makes me believe Honda failed to market these bikes properly...

What has Honda done to market the VFR at all?  Marketing is perhaps Honda's weakest business function.  

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Bent said:

What has Honda done to market the VFR at all?  Marketing is perhaps Honda's weakest business function.  

They have Geico ads with Rebel 300s targeting the hipster crowd, does that count? 

It amazes me a company that big can't muster some billboards, TV spots, or maybe some creative unique "viral" marketing. They are just following the same boring Japanese company playbook and it's not doing anyone any favors.

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, rckrzy1 said:

Did grand mesa twice , I enjoyed the second time as I had a feel for it and my times were much faster , except on the way down when it turned into a monsoon and lighting storm. The gravel road was from crested butte on road 12 .

I think I'd like to trailer my bike to say Toas and leave trailer there and spend all my time on the bike at elevation and cooler temps . The ride from Dallas to Toas was too straight and way too hot this time of year. But the VFR I will say is the best sport touring bike I have ever ridden, it did a good job of carrying my stuff to the mountains and then I took the bags off and had a blast in the mountains.

Well done for your first "tour"!  Pretty ambitious to put in that many miles on your initial trial by fire.  No matter how many trips you take you will add new items to the "lessons learned" list.

Trailering is a good option to save tire wear and to beat the heat.  You are in prime country for baking and slogging across the slab to destinations can beat the hell out of you especially if multiple days are involved. 

I wrote up "dry heat" if only I had known sheet last year.......  

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/83875-but-it-is-a-dry-heatreally/&

I just got back from another long one and added more to my list....oh well you never stop learning. 

I really like the looks of the 8th gen and OEM bags.  

On 7/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, DriverDave said:

I assume since you're staying in Paonia, that you're already planning on hitting 133 up to Carbondale.  If not, you must...it's an outstanding road.  Also, if you're not already, you must do 65 over Grand Mesa...truly amazing place.  Let me know how far away from Paonia you plan on going, and I can recommend some more roads, unless your routes are already planned and set in stone.

Oh for anyone going soon, 550 between silverton and Ouray has loose , I mean loose gravel for about 10 miles, talk about hair raising experience . It brought even my very experienced racer buddy to a slow speed.

Archived