Push pins in Southern Ontario

• Member Contributer

I just had the plastic off of my 5th gen to do some head bearing work and found that I am about eight push pins short. Anyone know where a good place in Southern Ontario to get replacements? I assume the dealership is the obvious choice but they are pretty pricey for what they are. I need 10 (2 spares).

Cheers.

I was in the same boat.  I ended up ordering from the dealer since most websites hosed me on the shipping.  Dealer may be more expensive per part, but I didn't pay shipping... and I like to try and support local brick and mortar.

• Member Contributer

If you are referring to the expanding rubber plugs that join the fairing panels, these are usually referred to as "well nuts"; that will make it easier to search them out. 

• Member Contributer

Yup....them's the ones.

I think they're plastic not rubber though.

Thanks.

I'll just bite the bullet and go to the dealership.

• Member Contributer

Bring one in to a car dealership. You might something that matches up and is cheaper. There used to be a Saturn part that matched up for some older generation VFRs.

• Member Contributer

And, of course they have not one in stock.

They are "fairing clip" part number 90683-GAZ-003

Well...now I'm on a quest to find some regardless of price.

• Member Contributer

None at the dealer or none at the warehouse? My dealer doesn't carry everything in house but they should be able to order from the warehouse and have it in a couple of days. Course that doesn't help you if you want to ride right now. Either that or leave the fairings off and go naked.

• Member Contributer

The guy behind the sales counter didn't give me that option. He just suggested I try elsewhere. I'd rather not deal with them anyways so I just left.

The best price I could find was on line at $4.50 each for a batch of 10. Shipped to my door here in Canada from England! I did find them for as high as $12 each! Yikes, these little clips are expensive.

• Member Contributer
On 2017-07-17 at 6:51 AM, HughJebolzak said:

I just had the plastic off of my 5th gen to do some head bearing work and found that I am about eight push pins short. Anyone know where a good place in Southern Ontario to get replacements? I assume the dealership is the obvious choice but they are pretty pricey for what they are. I need 10 (2 spares).

Cheers.

And how is it that you came to be short so many? I assume these are the clips that you remove by pushing in on the centre pin? If so, then you can re-use them by pullling the centre pin out and them pushing it back into place. Many are destroyed by owners who don't know the trick on how to remove them. i've been reusing mine for years.

• Member Contributer

The bike came to me missing the 8 pins. Unless some have fallen out since I got it not long ago. It has only seen one major trip.

I think the $4.50 Canadian each to my door would end up being about the same as the price you mention from ronayres.com

• Member Contributer

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Honda-Clip-Trim-ARX-VFR-RVT-CBR-NSF-CRF-VT-NC-NS-CHF-FSC-NSS-90683-GAZ-003-x-10/222580893905?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ebay seller from the U.K.

She seems to have all sorts of motorcycle related goodies

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that link here. If not, feel free to delete moderators.

Archived