Fuel Consumption with Power Commander

trikpat

Hello fellow VFR owners. I bought a VFR 1200 DCT a week ago I think the bike is fantastic for touring.
Before the VFR I had a 600cc bike so I'm hoping to gather and compare fuel consumption numbers. I understand the bike has a 1200cc engine so with it comes lower fuel consumption numbers but I'm interested on hearing your fuel consumption averages.

Right now I'm at around 14.5km per liter or about 34.1 mpg since I got the bike.

-----------------------------

Also, the VFR I bought came with a power commander 5 but it still had a stock map. I downloaded a map from PCV5 site to match the specs of my bike and flashed the PC5.

When I was riding alone on Sportmode(S), my fuel consumption jumped to about 16.5km per liter or 38.8 mpg.
But when I was riding with my partner on Normal(D) mode it was down to 13km per liter or 30 mpg.
It seems the fuel consumption I had was better when I was on Sportsmode than when I was cruising around on Normal mode.

• Member Contributer

Hi.

I'd advise avoiding using miles or kilometres per gallon figures unless you specify whether it's US gallons (most likely given your location) or Imperial gallons as there is a significant difference.

On my non-DCT 1200, I routinely get >16km/litre so unless you are caning it, it sounds as though the PC map was doing the bike no favours.

Hi Skids, 

I think the site I did the conversion on was US mpg. But I'll take note about the mpg figures when. Thanks.

Regarding the mapping, yeah the fuel map from the site isn't doing any good on normal mode. Maybe I'll add a map switch to toggle between maps depending on the mode I'm on.

I'm planning on getting AutoTune and slightly increasing AFR mixture for fuel economy. Anyone done this for better fuel consumption?

• 1 month later...

When I purchased mine I was a bit scared. ~10 %

Now I have 8200 km and the consumption is normal. After a 3100km trip in Europe, 140-180 km/h + passenger and luggage i got 6.4 % 

Archived