Grandma needs a stator

• Member Contributer

Like the title says my 94 with nearly 140K is in need of a new stator. Without OEM as an option is there a good aftermarket option? Not impressed with Rick's quality. Read bad things about Electrosport. 

• Member Contributer

I went with the shindegen, forgot the model. But it's been issue free for a few years

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer

If you're talking Stator, I had my 6 Gen Stator rewound for $100 (return shipping included). I believe it was Custom Rewind in Alabama that did it. It was based on the recommendation of a few members on the forum. I'll see if I can verify the place and post the info here.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, mk2davis said:

I went with the shindegen, forgot the model. But it's been issue free for a few years

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You're thinking R/R. Plan on getting one of those from Roadstercycle. 

1 hour ago, Duc2V4 said:

If you're talking Stator, I had my 6 Gen Stator rewound for $100 (return shipping included). I believe it was Custom Rewind in Alabama that did it. It was based on the recommendation of a few members on the forum. I'll see if I can verify the place and post the info here.

That would be great. Seems that stator failure is the main culprit with our bikes. I have a low voltage issue with a known good R/R. 

• Member Contributer

Yep, Custom Rewind 2014 Pratt Hwy, Birmingham, Alabama 1-800-798-7282

• Member Contributer
11 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

Yep, Custom Rewind 2014 Pratt Hwy, Birmingham, Alabama 1-800-798-7282

Great thanks! Maybe one of these days when it cools off a bit we can do another ride.

Archived