All wired up for Zumo, radar detector, and my heated gear

VifferJ

• Member Contributer

My Honda side cases arrived, also got all my wiring done for my Zumo 590, TPX 2.0 radar detector, and heated gear inputs/controls.  :happy:

IMG_5356_zpscuywzkvb.jpg

IMG_5364_zpseyez6w1z.jpg

IMG_5365_zpsqjkzfpj1.jpg

IMG_5367_zpsd157tood.jpg

IMG_5363_zpsqapptyib.jpg

• Member Contributer
20 minutes ago, Tews19 said:

That looks awesome. Curious as to what the side knobs and back plug things are?

Thx! Those are for my heated gear, the inputs by the seat are where the inputs plug in from my gear, the knobs up front allow me to adjust the heat of the gear individually, I usually run my heated gloves and boot insoles at a higer temp than I run my heated jacket liner at. It's a sano setup, I have this same setup done to all my bikes now, I ride year round and love having my heated gear when temps are in the 20's/30's but roads are dry and clear in the winter months of the PNW. Having the cradles for my zumo and tpx allows me move my radar detector and zumo over to whatever bike I'm riding that day. 

I've had that detector on mine for almost 3 years.  Works great.  Saved my butt for sure on several occasions.  I use the wireless adapter with speaker in my helmet (even with the separate LED pod, you don't notice it unless you're looking right at it).  Kind of a pain adding that speaker next to my Sena speaker, but that was the only option.  I've tried the Sena SR10, but it didn't really work.  I've decided I can live with the current setup.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Wow, nice work on those switches!  Please do a review later on your radar/laser detector if you haven't already.

Thanks GG!

I've been using the TPX 2.0 for probably around a half dozen years now, it's awesome IMO, fully waterproof (there are vids of just pouring water on it with a garden hose), I got tired of having to baggy on baggy off prior radar detectors for rain which is pain and ugly, I really like that these I don't even have to worry about that, living in the PNW we get a lot of rain. The LED alert light on the dash is very visible in day or night, I've never had the alert light not get my attention, it's in direct line of sight when riding. It works great and have saved me hundreds of times and thousands of dollars in tickets. I've been putting TPX cradles on all my bikes along with the power wiring, very convenient to move it from bike to bike, or to unclip it when the bike is parked somewhere public unattended.

Here it is on some of my other bikes.

IMG_4641_zpsctxyqaaq.jpg

IMG_3325_zpsw6vs1jsp.jpg

120151_zps73196111.jpg

• Member Contributer
14 hours ago, VifferJ said:

Thanks GG!

I've been using the TPX 2.0 for probably around a half dozen years now, it's awesome IMO, fully waterproof (there are vids of just pouring water on it with a garden hose), I got tired of having to baggy on baggy off prior radar detectors for rain which is pain and ugly, I really like that these I don't even have to worry about that, living in the PNW we get a lot of rain. The LED alert light on the dash is very visible in day or night, I've never had the alert light not get my attention, it's in direct line of sight when riding. It works great and have saved me hundreds of times and thousands of dollars in tickets. I've been putting TPX cradles on all my bikes along with the power wiring, very convenient to move it from bike to bike, or to unclip it when the bike is parked somewhere public unattended.

Here it is on some of my other bikes.

IMG_4641_zpsctxyqaaq.jpg

IMG_3325_zpsw6vs1jsp.jpg

120151_zps73196111.jpg

Thank you Viffer (and DriverDave) for the reviews - I think I should get one!

Archived