Squeezed out of lane twice in 3 minutes

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Lee 2002 said:

Don't lump me in, I do not agree.   While the semi-tractor and the CR-V were in violation of the letter-of-the-law, so was Gator by his own admission of speeding.  Gator inserted himself into both his percieved situations.

As I pointed out with my still captures and text, I believe that the intentions of the other vehicles in both instances was clear.   If not by signal, by action and situation.   In both cases, Gator continued to accelerate into a position that had become occupied by the other vehicle some distance ahead of him or was clearly about to become occupied.

I firmly stand by my assessment of surprised/butt-hurt as correctly defined by FJ12.  In my experience, the only times I've turned my head to look sideways at a vehicle I'm passing is to make visual communication with the other driver (butt-hurt), evaluate unexpected motion noticed during my scan (surprised), or to assess the physical attributes of the female driver (I'm male).  I have, on rare occasion, turned my head to admire an especially rare/beautiful/old vehicle.  For me, a CR-V does not meet my criteria, Gator can list the reasons he turns his head.  I'm convinced he was establishing visual communication with the other driver regarding their actions.

JZH is correct.  Neither of these incidents even comes close to getting sqeezed out of a lane.    Again, by experience, I've had 14 and 15 year old children do a better job reading traffic and intention and reacting better during their instructional period.   As I see it, both of these situations required nothing more that rolling off throttle and maybe a covering of the brake lever.

yoda-much-butthurt-i-sense-in-you-cry-li

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude we are just quoting the obvious--- you set yourself up all the time.

Not putting you down, and if that's what you take from all the responses as in butthurt---

Wish the best for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Precisely.  There's no legal definition of the phrase "squeezed out of lane" and no one here has it copyrighted AFAIK.   I used it in a reasonable manner.  Obviously if a person suffers from having to commute and lane split in a hell hole (like LA for example) I would expect them to have a different perspective on what "squeezed out of lane" means.

Yes, LA is Hell Hole, everybody stay away, nothing to see here, please disperse...and take all of the others clamoring to be here with you when you go!

• Member Contributer

Been there, didn't lose anything while I was there so no need to go back. California has some nice stuff, LA isn't part of it.

2 hours ago, FJ12Ryder said:

I didn't say they were in violation of anything, I said they were in the wrong.

I equivocated your "in the wrong" statement with "at fault".   Which is why I replied "Don't lump me in", because I contend that Gator is fully responsible for what he perceives as encroachment into his lane.  I now understand that is not what you meant.  This is why I pointed out that, yes, the drivers violated the law but I don't feel they have any ownership of his perceptions.  My apologies for reading between the lines.

I stand by my assertion that Gator seems to feel a lane is his from his location to the horizon and he is not responsible for reacting to the dynamic situation in front of him.   The key words being "in front of him", none of this happened to his side other than he accelerated into the space that was either already occupied or in the act of being occupied.   I think my post, #1066888 did an excellent job of illustrating this, if I don't say so myself.

There were still a few outstanding questions regarding Gator's riding experience and why he turned his head to the CR-V driver if not to establish visual communication that I was hoping he would answer.   But I see that he has went into Meme Mode.  That is a shame.   

• Member Contributer

Don't ride in other vehicles blind spots. Pass them with extreme prejudice, and get on with your life. Problem solved. 

• Member Contributer

Lol, so now we are butt hurt for disagreeing with Priscilla. 

Priscilla has stated how she loves to argue, how indeed it is how she makes her living (all donations welcome, no matter how small.)

As you like memes so much, here is one Albert made just for you.

albert-einstein-the-definition-of-insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-and-expecting.jpg.4e2f78bcdc7329fe8137b8eabc9d3e94.jpg

• Member Contributer
16 hours ago, Duc2V4 said:

I'll be honest I did not watch the whole video but did see the semi truck part, I really have to chuckle at the term being squeezed out of the lane. Being in California I get to do what a lot of other riders around the world get to do and that is lane share/split/filter, whatever name it's given and as such have truly been squeezed out of a lane. One time in particular, I actually rubbed shoulders with a large "Dually" truck and even had my helmet touch his side view mirror. Whether he didn't see me or he was trying to keep me from splitting, I'll never know, but in my case I was literally "squeezed"out of the lane.

Here's a clip of where I turned the tables on the cars...not my brightest moment but I knew I had it in the bag!

Having grown up in the (LA) South Bay area, I know this exact location well.  Looks like fairly normal, aggressive street riding to me.  The cars were unlikely to tighten their lines in that decreasing radius curve, so even though your lane was ending, there was still plenty of room for a bike.  The only problem would have been if you'd hit gravel or something slippery on the inside, in which case you would have slid right in front of or into one or both of those cars...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer
10 hours ago, MBrane said:

Don't ride in other vehicles blind spots. Pass them with extreme prejudice, use your signals properly when changing lanes, and get on with your life. Problem solved. 

Fixed it for you :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Such a drama queen Priscilla lol. 

Really if you think that was being squeezed out of your lane and having to take "evasive maneuvers" them motorcycling is not for you.

• Member Contributer

Don't we all have better things to do? Like go out and ride?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Well I really am hurting for you Gator, I really don't want it to look like rubbing salt into wounds or like I'm a vulture picking on your bones but I'm afraid I do agree with JZH and Lee2002. Experienced long-term members here.

Squeezing is a misnomer here given the circumstances. You were light years away and the manoeuvres of the "offending" parties were highly foreseeable.

If you are, as you insist, merely highlighting how invisible we are, I strongly suggest you do not approach vehicles from behind in their blind spots (and on the non-overtaking side re the trailer) at well over the speed limit and particularly, having ample time and space to spare, don't call it squeezing, make huffy remarks to the trucker and accusing looks to the SUVer because, with all due respect, it just doesn't compute mate!!

Also twisties are literally that: plural. One curve in the road or a single on or off ramp does not qualify. I do understand you live in the land of the endless straight road but it still doesn't count.

In all fairness I figure you've little experience with motorcycling and understand you are enjoying your new bike. I'm not sure how spatially oriented/coordinated you are but I saw that truck a mile off and would have moderated my speed to suit the traffic... you're the one legally merging in that scenario buddy. One could go as far as to say in those two incidences you are contributing to giving bike riders a bad reputation. That trucker surely thinks you were in the wrong... and you were. If I were a traffic cop I would have pulled you over. No driving instructor worth being a driving instructor would condone your manoeuvres on both accounts nor would anyone understand how you could possibly be promoting awareness of our invisibility when the way you handled those situations only served to decrease your visibility. You just made it worse.

In fact, besides all this, as I've already stated, there was so much time and space between you all, I could have driven a bus through the gap!!

Now some of the guys on here are being just as melodramatic as they claim you to be. But that's my honest, down to earth, assessment of the video. I'm not having a stab at you this time like I did about riding the bike in those slippers you Americans call gators, even if it was just a minute or two's ride. Just moving a bike that weighs a quarter of a tonne around the garage in slippers, sandles or thongs is really asking for trouble.

I see you're on the defensive with all these memes but I honestly hope you'll reflect on the reasonable bits of opinion and advice in this thread and gloss over the bullshit.

Honest to goodness.

• Member Contributer
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, GatorGreg said:

Yeah that poor guy must have thought he had died and gone to heaven :tongue: 

Here you go dude. Think this  is a bit closer to being "squeezed" than your examples. 

Anyone please feel free to comment.   Had been sitting behind this guy for several minutes watching every move he made and how he reacted to traffic.   Bear in mind there are 10 bikes and a  whole line of cars behind him. 

• Member Contributer

My asshole puckered just watching that-u guys have some narrow roads!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
9 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Well I really am hurting for you Gator, I really don't want it to look like rubbing salt into wounds or like I'm a vulture picking on your bones but I'm afraid I do agree with JZH and Lee2002. Experienced long-term members here.

Squeezing is a misnomer here given the circumstances. You were light years away and the manoeuvres of the "offending" parties were highly foreseeable.

If you are, as you insist, merely highlighting how invisible we are, I strongly suggest you do not approach vehicles from behind in their blind spots (and on the non-overtaking side re the trailer) at well over the speed limit and particularly, having ample time and space to spare, don't call it squeezing, make huffy remarks to the trucker and accusing looks to the SUVer because, with all due respect, it just doesn't compute mate!!

Also twisties are literally that: plural. One curve in the road or a single on or off ramp does not qualify. I do understand you live in the land of the endless straight road but it still doesn't count.

In all fairness I figure you've little experience with motorcycling and understand you are enjoying your new bike. I'm not sure how spatially oriented/coordinated you are but I saw that truck a mile off and would have moderated my speed to suit the traffic... you're the one legally merging in that scenario buddy. One could go as far as to say in those two incidences you are contributing to giving bike riders a bad reputation. That trucker surely thinks you were in the wrong... and you were. If I were a traffic cop I would have pulled you over. No driving instructor worth being a driving instructor would condone your manoeuvres on both accounts nor would anyone understand how you could possibly be promoting awareness of our invisibility when the way you handled those situations only served to decrease your visibility. You just made it worse.

In fact, besides all this, as I've already stated, there was so much time and space between you all, I could have driven a bus through the gap!!

Now some of the guys on here are being just as melodramatic as they claim you to be. But that's my honest, down to earth, assessment of the video. I'm not having a stab at you this time like I did about riding the bike in those slippers you Americans call gators, even if it was just a minute or two's ride. Just moving a bike that weighs a quarter of a tonne around the garage in slippers, sandles or thongs is really asking for trouble.

I see you're on the defensive with all these memes but I honestly hope you'll reflect on the reasonable bits of opinion and advice in this thread and gloss over the bullshit.

Honest to goodness.

uda89.jpg

• Member Contributer
12 hours ago, fink said:

Here you go dude. Think this  is a bit closer to being "squeezed" than your examples. 

Anyone please feel free to comment.   Had been sitting behind this guy for several minutes watching every move he made and how he reacted to traffic.   Bear in mind there are 10 bikes and a  whole line of cars behind him. 

Sorry Fink, but I don't see any squeezing in your vid.  What I did see was what looked like you making a dangerous and (I assume) illegal pass of a car by crossing a solid white line which resulted in you coming within 2 seconds of crashing head on into an oncoming motorcyclist - clearly the work of a rider who needs remedial training IMO.  Then I saw you make a legal pass of a bus going about 25mph with plenty of room.  The bus was obviously a wide vehicle for that road and you knew for several minutes that the driver was having a hard time keeping entirely within the lane.  Yet with all that time to see and think about the encroachment of the bus you chose to go into the oncoming lane to pass him anyway.  It looked to me like the bus driver saw you and was being courteous by giving you plenty of room to make your pass and yet you honked your horn at him as you finished your pass - pretty rude IMO - you should have given the poor guy a friendly wave for helping you out.  In contrast, in my situation I had drivers actually change into my lane at triple your speed with no or inadequate signaling which gave me less than a second to avoid them - fortunately I was able to react in a fraction of a second because I always anticipate that possibility.

Also, I checked out your YouTube channel and I must say it was the most dreary and boring channel I think I've ever seen - even worse than mine :tongue: - I actually just now subscribed to it because I felt sorry for you when I saw you only had 28 subscribers despite your having posted about 50 videos over almost 10 years.  I only watched a few but there were literally no comments and no thumbs up in the videos I saw and just a handful of views.   Even your track day vid I watched was boring - unless your idea of excitement is watching you get passed and lapped by everyone else on the track.  Was your bike having mechanical issues?  I'm surprised they even let you stay out there since it looked to me like you were a hazard to the other riders - you should probably make sure your bike is in tune and/or improve your riding skills before hitting the track again for your own and everyone else's safety.  The only vid I saw that was worth watching was the one you posted of the topless woman - I didn't think they allowed nude breasts on YT but maybe they don't care since no one watches your channel :tongue:

• Member Contributer
15 hours ago, interceptor69 said:

Don't we all have better things to do? Like go out and ride?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

leonardo-taking-on-lazy-people-amen-to-t

I'd love to see more riding vids from 8th gen owners!

uda89.jpg

Cliff notes?

More american butt hurt? More memes. Which I understand you use because there is no plausible intelligent reply. It's all crocodile tears over a false initial claim for which a false excuse was used regarding visibility when your bluff was called.

Boy who cried wolf.

Just man up dude.

Well I shall take your facetious reply in the knowledge you've already had your license suspended at least once.

Good luck to you. You will need it. From what I can gather. Try some proficiency courses, I'm not joking.

• Member Contributer
5 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Sorry Fink, but I don't see any squeezing in your vid.  What I did see was what looked like you making a dangerous and (I assume) illegal pass of a car by crossing a solid white line which resulted in you coming within 2 seconds of crashing head on into an oncoming motorcyclist - clearly the work of a rider who needs remedial training IMO.  Then I saw you make a legal pass of a bus going about 25mph with plenty of room.  The bus was obviously a wide vehicle for that road and you knew for several minutes that the driver was having a hard time keeping entirely within the lane.  Yet with all that time to see and think about the encroachment of the bus you chose to go into the oncoming lane to pass him anyway.  It looked to me like the bus driver saw you and was being courteous by giving you plenty of room to make your pass and yet you honked your horn at him as you finished your pass - pretty rude IMO - you should have given the poor guy a friendly wave for helping you out.  In contrast, in my situation I had drivers actually change into my lane at triple your speed with no or inadequate signaling which gave me less than a second to avoid them - fortunately I was able to react in a fraction of a second because I always anticipate that possibility.

Also, I checked out your YouTube channel and I must say it was the most dreary and boring channel I think I've ever seen - even worse than mine :tongue: - I actually just now subscribed to it because I felt sorry for you when I saw you only had 28 subscribers despite your having posted about 50 videos over almost 10 years.  I only watched a few but there were literally no comments and no thumbs up in the videos I saw and just a handful of views.   Even your track day vid I watched was boring - unless your idea of excitement is watching you get passed and lapped by everyone else on the track.  Was your bike having mechanical issues?  I'm surprised they even let you stay out there since it looked to me like you were a hazard to the other riders - you should probably make sure your bike is in tune and/or improve your riding skills before hitting the track again for your own and everyone else's safety.  The only vid I saw that was worth watching was the one you posted of the topless woman - I didn't think they allowed nude breasts on YT but maybe they don't care since no one watches your channel :tongue:

Cheers for checking out my You Tube Channel I'm sorry it's not up to your expectations and find it boring. For me it's a bit of fun. As for the trackday stuff it's not bad for a 16 year old bike with Californian cams and ecu( import) against a lot of newer and bigger stuff, it was also my road bike as well.  Still managed to grind out the pegs and keep in front of some faster stuff. You should maybe try it someday you may learn something.  

Hope your missus didn't catch you having a ham shank  over  the scantily clad lady and you remembered to wipe the cum off your screen,so you wouldn't be found out.   

You have much much to learn about riding a bike on a real road. 

The only correct observation you made was the crossing of the solid white line.  However the car in front had indicated for me to overtake and was slowing down. Road ahead was clear.   

The bike had been seen, as had the cyclist, which is why I moved back over and maintained my position behind.  If you look a bit further into the foreground you will see both. 

The bus bus was travelling at 40-45 mph.  He was wide enough to have kept his wheels on his side of the centre line if he wanted to and he had already passed another bus coming the other way earlier.  Other buses we encountered managed to.   He couldn't be bothered  and when I went for the overtake  deliberately moved to the right from his road position as I was halfway along the bus. "Squeezing" me as you put it.   The horn was in response to his hand gesture. 

As previously mentioned we had been sitting behind him for a few minutes in a long line of vehicles. Over here slow moving vehicles  are asked not to hold up a long queue of vehicles

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Auspanglish said:

Cliff notes?

More american butt hurt? More memes. Which I understand you use because there is no plausible intelligent reply. It's all crocodile tears over a false initial claim for which a false excuse was used regarding visibility when your bluff was called.

Boy who cried wolf.

Just man up dude.

Well I shall take your facetious reply in the knowledge you've already had your license suspended at least once.

Good luck to you. You will need it. From what I can gather. Try some proficiency courses, I'm not joking.

2231d221d091c4bd3decf4a2e050e586.jpg

• Member Contributer
48 minutes ago, fink said:

Cheers for checking out my You Tube Channel I'm sorry it's not up to your expectations and find it boring. For me it's a bit of fun. As for the trackday stuff it's not bad for a 16 year old bike with Californian cams and ecu( import) against a lot of newer and bigger stuff, it was also my road bike as well.  Still managed to grind out the pegs and keep in front of some faster stuff. You should maybe try it someday you may learn something.  

Hope your missus didn't catch you having a ham shank  over  the scantily clad lady and you remembered to wipe the cum off your screen,so you wouldn't be found out.   

You have much much to learn about riding a bike on a real road. 

The only correct observation you made was the crossing of the solid white line.  However the car in front had indicated for me to overtake and was slowing down. Road ahead was clear.   

The bike had been seen, as had the cyclist, which is why I moved back over and maintained my position behind.  If you look a bit further into the foreground you will see both. 

The bus bus was travelling at 40-45 mph.  He was wide enough to have kept his wheels on his side of the centre line if he wanted to and he had already passed another bus coming the other way earlier.  Other buses we encountered managed to.   He couldn't be bothered  and when I went for the overtake  deliberately moved to the right from his road position as I was halfway along the bus. "Squeezing" me as you put it.   The horn was in response to his hand gesture. 

As previously mentioned we had been sitting behind him for a few minutes in a long line of vehicles. Over here slow moving vehicles  are asked not to hold up a long queue of vehicles

If you get frustrated and lose your cool that easily while riding - then perhaps motorcycles aren't for you.  Your rush to get ahead of the car nearly resulted in a head on collision with another biker when you made the illegal pass.  Sorry Fink, but that was a fail.  I'd recommend you stick to posting soft porn on your YT channel - you're clearly much more talented at that than riding a bike.

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, CathyEveridge said:

That is why I fitted an air horn to my 83 V45 Sabre.   I was run off the road by an 18 wheeler.   Makes you remember that you are invisible.

It was your fault - had you been an aware and experienced rider you would have seen the 18 wheeler from a mile away and predicted his intentions like all the self-appointed experts here (just kidding :tongue:).  Seriously though, a better horn is an excellent idea - the 8th gen horn is not very loud compared to previous bikes I've owned.

Archived