Finally a VFR Owner - 6th Gen in MN

wazimoto

Hello from MN,

Looks like another great resource for these bikes so may as well join in on the fun! 

I have been dreaming of having a VFR since I started riding 6 years ago ('82 Maxim 1100, no not recommended for a first bike, but yes it is quite fun). The VFR really does have a lot to offer, unique single-sided swing arm, under tail exhaust, unique V4 engine, do-it all ergos, Honda reputation to eat up the miles, the list goes on...

I've had the bike for about a month now and really do love it. Only thing i'm not really particular about is the grips on the bike so some new Progrip dual-density pieces are on the way. 

Without further delay, here's my bike: 2004 VFR800 ABS in Asphalt Black. The OEM bags are not asphalt, but gloss black, guess the PO wasn't able to find matching ones when they were purchased a couple years ago, matches pretty decently so no big deal there.

Oh and this forum is awesome because it has this face :goofy:

Just so I actually use the face for good reason... This is what the VTEC crossover/part of the revs makes me do :goofy: ... good thing I have a tinted visor so people can't see my goofy grin when I hit that part of the powerband.

-Sam

20170601_165406.jpg

Thanks Switchblade. Funny enough, I removed a "Dragon 129" sticker from my bike. Felt wrong having not been there, and it was orange on the top of my tank, not exactly my style. Maybe someday I'll head out there and visit the tail myself!

• Member Contributer

Howdy from Duluth Sam, and welcome to VFRD... a great source for info on your VFR!

• Member Contributer

Welcome Aboard! The goofy grin is pretty much standard fair with VFR owners. Even when I'm commuting on my 6 Gen, I get to experience the beauty of that V4 engine. Most of my miles of commuting is on LA/OC freeways but on the occasional trip, I do get to take alternate routes through some of our local mountain roads. Most times I plan my routes that way, I mean why noy not right?

Archived