Hello from Adelaide Australia

PetePower

Hi everyone,

I have become the owner of a brand new 6/2014 plated VFR800 in the Black Metallic. I currently have a 1995 YZF600R G in mint condition owned for the last 14years, that is now for sale. I have been looking at upgrade options over the last couple of years whilst saving and trying to decide what to get. Not getting any younger and after considering all the options with a real liking for the Thruxton 1200R  I had to stop dreaming as new just out of my range. I happened to wander into a local "new" Honda dealership to have a squiz as we all do. Had the good wife with me and I said "that Black VFR looks okay" and her response was positive and implied "wonder how much it is?". The hovering sales manager took his prompt and advised it has been massively reduced as old stock. When he said it was a 2014 model I though okay must be a Demo model or something, but NO brand spanker. They apparently took it over from another local dealer that recently closed with 18 other bikes. So after some more discussions and dealings I pick my new ride up on Saturday.

Pretty excited, just hope the weather is dry on Saturday.

I have been doing some browsing of the Forum and look forward to getting to know you. I have already made initial contact with Camnz so a Tail Tidy will probably be the first mod. I have spoken with a local Exhaust man and he reckons he can do a sweet trick up of the standard exhaust at a third of the cost of a slip-on so may consider this. Anyone else played with mods to standard system? Will probably look at rear hugger and protection knobs. Any suggestions? Will need to spend a bit of time searching the vast amount of information here, once I have clocked up numerous km'sssssss.

One question can any Aussies who purchased new advise if the rear seat cowl was included or only optional or included as a sales special. This one apparently hasn't got it?

Hurry up Saturday.

• Member Contributer

Hi PetePower.

Welcome to the forum, love your new ride, it's a great bike. Yes the seat cowl definetly comes with your bike, the dealer must have it lying around somewhere, along with fill in cover plates should you remove the pillion grab handles.

Enjoy your new ride.

Cheers.

Grum

• Member Contributer

VFR600R?

YZF more likely!

Welcome to VFRD from way up north :-)

20 hours ago, Grum said:

Hi PetePower.

Welcome to the forum, love your new ride, it's a great bike. Yes the seat cowl definetly comes with your bike, the dealer must have it lying around somewhere, along with fill in cover plates should you remove the pillion grab handles.

Enjoy your new ride.

Cheers.

Grum

Cheers Grum, I contacted Honda Aust who confirmed the inclusions, Tnx for your positive support. I have been back in touch with the Dealer and they are organising the bits for me, so all good. They mentioned that the other couple of VFR's they recently sold were also missing this gear, and as they and new owners were not aware they were not supplied, so the Forum has already been of great service to me. Thanks

Archived