Riding Disney World's Tunnels, Twisties & Mountain circuit

GatorGreg

• Member Contributer

I learned that 2 of the State of Florida's 4 tunnels are on Disney World property and decided to go in search of them - LOL.  There's also a "mountain" and even a few curves in this vid - enjoy!  Note:  Please don't watch if you are offended by broken speed limits :tongue:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for sharing that with us Gator especially for us Southern Hemisphereians, great video and audio. Speaking of audio, you sure you've never done voice overs for Kermit the Frog or Fozzie Bear???? LOL it's funny how your voice reminds me of my favourite Muppet characters.

Man the Perl White looks absolutely radiant in the sunshine, she looks beautiful.

Tunnels and bridges, love goin through em on the VFR, the symphonic sound of V4 music to my ears.

Regards.

Grum.

• Member Contributer
32 minutes ago, Grum said:

Thanks for sharing that with us Gator especially for us Southern Hemisphereians, great video and audio. Speaking of audio, you sure you've never done voice overs for Kermit the Frog or Fozzie Bear???? LOL it's funny how your voice reminds me of my favourite Muppet characters.

Man the Perl White looks absolutely radiant in the sunshine, she looks beautiful.

Tunnels and bridges, love goin through em on the VFR, the symphonic sound of V4 music to my ears.

Regards.

Grum.

LOL- I hear the similarity especially when I get allergy/sinus issues.  I've also been told I sound like Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond :tongue:

12 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

I've also been told I sound like Ray Romano from Everybody Loves Raymond 

Or Cycle Cruza. :wheel:

Not really. Bike sounds good. I can't watch 29 minutes of someone riding twisty mountain roads, so sorry, TLDW the whole thing.

Personally tunnels bring out my inner fag.  Brumumumumumh. :laugh:

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, VFR4Lee said:

Or Cycle Cruza. :wheel:

Not really. Bike sounds good. I can't watch 29 minutes of someone riding twisty mountain roads, so sorry, TLDW the whole thing.

Personally tunnels bring out my inner fag.  Brumumumumumh. :laugh:

Yep - it's a pretty long vid- sorry!  Best parts IMO are at the following:

1:50 - 1st 100+mph acceleration run

8:00 - 2nd 100+mph acceleration run

12:40 - 1st tunnel and then backside of Space Mountain 

28:45 - 2nd tunnel run (my damn battery ran out just as I was turning around to repeat)

Tunnels are awesome fun - I'm extremely jealous of you guys that live near long tunnels!

• Member Contributer

Heck if the earth isn't flat in Fla.  You badly need to ride Wolf Pen Gap and the east end of Warwoman Rd. in North Ga.   That would be a change of perspective....; )

21 hours ago, GatorGreg said:

Tunnels are awesome fun -

I dunno, there's one on Hwy 33 that is short but has a curve in it. So approaching it just looks black and you can't see through, until you are more or less in it. :mellow:

• Member Contributer
9 minutes ago, VFR4Lee said:

I dunno, there's one on Hwy 33 that is short but has a curve in it. So approaching it just looks black and you can't see through, until you are more or less in it. :mellow:

But it does sound great when you go through there with some Staintunes!

• Member Contributer
On 7/12/2017 at 4:59 PM, Bent said:

Heck if the earth isn't flat in Fla.  You badly need to ride Wolf Pen Gap and the east end of Warwoman Rd. in North Ga.   That would be a change of perspective....; )

I will add them to my "to do" list, thanks!

• Member Contributer
On 7/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, Grum said:

Speaking of audio, you sure you've never done voice overs for Kermit the Frog or Fozzie Bear???? LOL it's funny how your voice reminds me of my favourite Muppet characters.

Bad news guys - I just got fired yesterday :tongue:

They probably fired the dude for someone younger and cheaper. Maybe who can also do Miss Piggie. :goofy:

As long as the puppet looks the same, people will get used to a little different voice.

Sucks though.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, GatorGreg said:

Note:  Please don't watch if you are offended by broken speed limits :tongue:

Not a bad watch there Gatorgreg. Thanks for posting.

Amazing that your doing those sorts of speeds on a public road there. Just out of interest, if the Popo caught you for 100mph on those roads, how much trouble would you get into?

Here in Australia, 100mph (160kmh) on the open road, 68mph (110kmh), would be instant suspension of license for 3 months, impound of vehicle for a month and a couple of thousand dollars fine.

• Member Contributer
17 hours ago, Audible said:

Amazing that your doing those sorts of speeds on a public road there. Just out of interest, if the Popo caught you for 100mph on those roads, how much trouble would you get into?

Here in Australia, 100mph (160kmh) on the open road, 68mph (110kmh), would be instant suspension of license for 3 months, impound of vehicle for a month and a couple of thousand dollars fine.

Thanks Audible!   Yes, the penalty would be pretty severe here as well.  Penalty depends on the number of mph over the posted limit you're going.  It's a $279 ticket for going 20-29mph over the limit ( http://www.dmvflorida.org/speeding-ticket.shtml ) with especially severe penalties for going 30 over the limit (mandatory court appearance) and super severe penalties for going 50 over the limit.  Going 100mph would pretty much put you in one of those two special categories since the highest limit in Florida is only 70 or 75mph I think.  This website does a pretty good job of explaining the consequences for going 50mph or more over the limit in Fla:  http://www.tampaticketattorney.com/50mph-over-limit-speeding-offenses.html

In addition, rumor has it that if the Disney cops catch you they lock you in an interrogation room and blast "It's a Small World" until you confess :tongue:

• Member Contributer
On 7/16/2017 at 6:56 AM, Audible said:

Long time ago I was "allegedly" radared at 106mph in my M Roadster in Texas.  

Cost me a grand total of $200 because the phone book lawyer I found was "doing" the local Justice of the Peace.  I expected worse.   Also got a citation for 59 in a 45 on the west end of Warwoman Rd. on the way to my last TMAC.   I had to take a defensive driving online course and the phone book lawyer never sent me an invoice....luck again....I was nice to him.   I don't accept points on my drivers license.  There are too many ways to get out of them.   Gator is still a very bad influence with a good voice though.....; )   Just wait till he runs over Donald Duck......that'll cost him....: )  

• Member Contributer
On 7/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, Bent said:

Long time ago I was "allegedly" radared at 106mph in my M Roadster in Texas.  

Cost me a grand total of $200 because the phone book lawyer I found was "doing" the local Justice of the Peace.  I expected worse.   Also got a citation for 59 in a 45 on the west end of Warwoman Rd. on the way to my last TMAC.   I had to take a defensive driving online course and the phone book lawyer never sent me an invoice....luck again....I was nice to him.   I don't accept points on my drivers license.  There are too many ways to get out of them.   Gator is still a very bad influence with a good voice though.....; )   Just wait till he runs over Donald Duck......that'll cost him....: )  

Wow you got off easy for doing 106 - sounds like the Justice of the Peace did too! :tongue:   But an online defensive driving course?  That's ridiculous!  Reminds me of how GG Jr. took a "virtual" drivers ed class in high school recently - no wonder there are so many crappy drivers on the road - the kids aren't getting any real experience!  I had to hire a professional driver instructor to give him some lessons on top of the driving I did with him to make sure he had some good experience before I unleashed him on the road.

And yes, I do realize the irony/hypocrisy of my comments given the video I posted above :tongue:

I endorse getting a lawyer if you can't get rid of the ticket with traffic school.

Something about a group of 4 of us all getting written for 90 in a 55.

We might have been doing 60 in a 55 on that frontage road next to the freeway.

In court cop said he visually paced us from 200 (or 400?) yards back. Liar.

I was in front of the group and found guilty. Never again, although I don't recall the ticket being too expensive.

A few years ago, but it still chaps my hide. :mad:

• Member Contributer
21 hours ago, VFR4Lee said:

I endorse getting a lawyer if you can't get rid of the ticket with traffic school.

Something about a group of 4 of us all getting written for 90 in a 55.

We might have been doing 60 in a 55 on that frontage road next to the freeway.

In court cop said he visually paced us from 200 (or 400?) yards back. Liar.

I was in front of the group and found guilty. Never again, although I don't recall the ticket being too expensive.

A few years ago, but it still chaps my hide. :mad:

And that is why I fight every single traffic ticket which are few and far between now.  The worst outcome I ever had was getting the points reduced from 5 to 2 points just by asking after showing up in court.  At 12 points in a year where I live, you lose your license for 90 days.  That can't happen AFAIC.

And yes, GG, the online defensive driving course was about at the 3rd grade level.  I just had to pay the 20 bucks to take it, LOL.  The sheriff's deputy on Warwoman Rd. was an uncompromising prick about everything.  I told the lawyer in Clayton, Ga. that represented me that and he said all of them in that county are that way.  We struck up a fun conversation over the phone and he never sent me a bill.  Most cops have let me off with a warning because I never lie to them and I'm nice to them.....except the couple I've allegedly outrun......:goofy:  

We need a video of you doing 100mph in Disneyworld.    

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, Bent said:

We need a video of you doing 100mph in Disneyworld.

I hit triple digits briefly around the 8:00 mark in the vid above near Fort Wilderness - so I was definitely on Disney World property at that point :tongue:   But of course I always reset my speedo from mph to kph before I turn on my GoPro :wink:

IMG_1571.PNG

• Member Contributer

always had a clean license since the early 70's and three years ago I was following two other VW campers (vanagons) to Busfest and we got done for doing 35 in a 30(out in the sticks) never saw the camera not that I was looking as I was the last vehicle and just followed the vans in front of who were lost I later found out so I did a speed awareness course and kept a clean license but I was really pissed off about it also the 'instructors' on the course told me I was the first VW camper van they ever had do the course!!,seems the local plod have a blitz on Busfest week as it is easy money for them especially as vans come from all oner the world for it

• Member Contributer
6 hours ago, scottbott said:

always had a clean license since the early 70's and three years ago I was following two other VW campers (vanagons) to Busfest and we got done for doing 35 in a 30(out in the sticks) never saw the camera not that I was looking as I was the last vehicle and just followed the vans in front of who were lost I later found out so I did a speed awareness course and kept a clean license but I was really pissed off about it also the 'instructors' on the course told me I was the first VW camper van they ever had do the course!!,seems the local plod have a blitz on Busfest week as it is easy money for them especially as vans come from all oner the world for it

LOL - you were caught speeding in a VW van?  Are you sure you weren't hallucinating? :tongue:

• Member Contributer

As this post is written, there is a blitz on in NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, and maybe Mississippi to catch speeders, tailgaters, and inattentive drivers for this week.  Allegedly traffic deaths are up 7% over last year.  I have seen the po po out more but I have to believe it's more of a fundraiser because people like me will never vote in a tax increase until they simultaneously tell me how much money they have saved through administrative efficiency, cost cuts, etc.  Anyone every heard of a program on that from any govt. agency other than the publicity that always backfires when they close down parks to public access?

GG you're a menace to Mickey Mouse and his pals......; ) 

Archived