Ventura rack question

Ntolerance

Anyone have a Ventura rack mounted on an 01 5th gen ?  According to the website their rackfits 98-00. Looking to buy one used off the net and the seller says fits 98-00 only. Can't imagine 01 is different ???

Mounting arm part number is  H097/B 

• Member Contributer

I cant see why the rack wouldnt fit an '01. It mounts to the rear hold handle bosses. - - I have one. 

- You could check the fische on Partzilla and compare. 

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/parts.html

• Member Contributer

Ventura racks are designed and built right here in New Zealand. Every bike I ever owned in the last 35 years has had one fitted at some point!

I suspect there may be more than one design for the 5G, the one I have installs to the subframe from below the cowl, but I have seen them attaching to the frankenbolt and grab handles too. As Mello suggests, all 5G's use the same chassis and body parts so in my mind they will all be the same when it comes to a rack.

IMG_0779.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Here

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Terry said:

Ventura racks are designed and built right here in New Zealand. Every bike I ever owned in the last 35 years has had one fitted at some point!

I suspect there may be more than one design for the 5G, the one I have installs to the subframe from below the cowl, but I have seen them attaching to the frankenbolt and grab handles too. As Mello suggests, all 5G's use the same chassis and body parts so in my mind they will all be the same when it comes to a rack.

IMG_0779.JPG

Here is the other Ventura 5th Gen version.  Not quite the best "action" shot but my best to show the design.  I still use this rack with my hard bag setup.

gallery_2144_2760_226411.jpg

With Hard Bags.

med_gallery_2144_7292_2131818.jpg

Archived