2017 VFR800F worth paying AUD $14,800 ? ( Australia)

Just after an opinion from those who bought or owned Honda VFR in Australia, what they think of new 2017 model and if its good price point to buy at $14799 ride away.

I got a quote for $14,800 ride away. Is this best possible ? pls share your thoughts

ps : I may buy this bike new or other similar bike with pillion carrying capacity for short trips if price is reasonable, (prefer new bike and considering keeping for long period)

FURTHER UPDATE (11th July) : able to get better quote of $14,400 ride away. I am in Victoria and in Adelaide one of the dealer offering at $14K, which is not an option for me but just saying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda promo :
From the 1st July until the 30th September, Honda’s ‘On Tour’ sale offers excellent savings across a range of Honda tourers.

Get out on the open road in style on a VFR800F for $14,999 ride away; an extrodinary deal considering this model shares an engine configuration with the RC213V MotoGP machine.

Those after something with an upright riding postion and sharp styling will enjoy the VFR800X, the ideal touring companion available for $14,999 ride away during the sale.

Link : http://motorcycles.honda.com.au/Lat...ON_BOARD_THE_HONDA_‘ON_TOUR’_SALE?promopage=1

• Member Contributer

Hi Mybike.

Welcome to the forum. Not sure of current 2017 prices, and don't know if this helps but in August of 2014 when I purchased my 8th gen VFR the bike was $14,400 ride away. I ended up going with the Honda Panniers and the bag inserts for a grand total of $15,900 ride away. I live in Victoria.

Price Breakdown:

Bike $14,400, Panniers $1,700, Bag Inserts $220, Pannier Lock Barrels $40 = $16,360 (got it down to $15,900)

My own feeling is it's a great bike for the price and ideal for two up travelling, especially as you state for short trips. Make sure you take one for a test ride.

Good Luck and shop around.

Cheers.

Grum.

Depends on where you are in Australia.

Prices on cars/motorcycles are a bit higher over where I am in W.A. due to freight costs from east coast.

I paid 15,740 for my 2016 in November 2016 and also got 12 months rego, 45 litre top box, carrier, hugger & tank pad.

Last year bought mine privately, as new second hand with 1600km including top box, panniers, inner bags and other touring stuff for $12400, in case you want to consider not new.

Under $15k rideaway isn't bad, if you go for it then haggle hard to get some extras thrown in as well (you can be sure they're still making a good profit on the discounted price!).

• Member Contributer
8 hours ago, mybikemylife said:

thanks everyone so far for the input, able to get quote of $14400 ( can pay via credit card ( no fees) as well) 

I'm not in Australia but $14,400 AUD for a new '17 seems like a good deal - that's only $10,958 US dollars.  Make sure it's really a '17 though and not a leftover '14/'15 (which should be discounted even more).  It seems like the bikes sold in some countries don't have a definitive model year stamped to them like the ones they sell in the USA so you have to look for the subtle changes to know what you're getting.

On 11/07/2017 at 11:57 AM, mybikemylife said:

thanks everyone so far for the input, able to get quote of $14400 ( can pay via credit card ( no fees) as well) 

I have just picked up A brand new 2014 plated for very good price there may be one sitting in a dealers somewhere only two differences to the 2017 model.

• Member Contributer
4 hours ago, riderx said:

I brought mine in late 2015. $12.9K ride away

$12,900 ride away, man that's a steal. Not a demo model was it? Maybe you guys up north have cheaper stamp duty, CTP and rego fees.

Cheers.

On 7/10/2017 at 10:44 PM, Audible said:

Depends on where you are in Australia.

Prices on cars/motorcycles are a bit higher over where I am in W.A. due to freight costs from east coast.

I paid 15,740 for my 2016 in November 2016 and also got 12 months rego, 45 litre top box, carrier, hugger & tank pad.

That's really odd to hear. Over the many years I've bought and sold and looked at bikes, they always seem so much cheaper in WA. Even looking now, the cheap bikes are all there.

Archived