HELP - need stator and rectifier!

joepopp

• Member Contributer

On a 48 state tour on my 2002 VFR800 and broke down. I need stator, rectifier/regulator, and gasket delivered to Statix cycles in Red Bluff, CA  Any tips appreciated! 

Riding along and noticed volt meter dropped to 6.2 volts. Pulled off and could not restart. 

Duc2V4 offer up some help in this thread. He's in CA.  There is also a followup on how the OP got his bike home.  Good luck Joe!

• Member Contributer
7 hours ago, joepopp said:

On a 48 state tour on my 2002 VFR800 and broke down. I need stator, rectifier/regulator, and gasket delivered to Statix cycles in Red Bluff, CA  Any tips appreciated! 

Riding along and noticed volt meter dropped to 6.2 volts. Pulled off and could not restart. 

Joe, I have a rewound stator off of my 09 but no RR. For that though, you can get an upgraded one from Roadstercycle.com and have him overnight it to you. In regards to the stator, the offer I made to the other rider was I would be willing to sell the Stator for what I paid to have it rewound and for the shipping to his/your location. The only concern I have is that something tells me that the stators on the earlier 6 gens are different than the later models. If you think it's worth the risk and If you're still in need and are reading this, send me a PM.

Cheers,

D

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the replies! I got it covered. Great shop in Red Bluff called Statix Motorsports. 

Archived