To Nordkapp and back : 21 days, 10.097 Km, 6 nations

May I be the first 8th gen. to Nordkapp?
Don't know for sure, tell me if I'm wrong, didn't read anything about it
During the trip I've seen lots of 6th, some 7th, few 5th and one 8th but was in Malmo, think was a local (white one )

Anyway I think i share with you some impressions.

It was the first big trip with the baby ( only 1 year old ) , that now has 20.000 Km , and she behave "alla grande" !!! ( perfectly )
I was very impressed with the consumption rate : 18-20 Km/L in autobahn condition i.e. 130-160 Km/h average, max 180 Km/h,  and 23 Km/L in Sweden-Norway speed (80-100 Km/h average, 60 Km/h in towns , sometimes 115... don't tell anybody...)

The bike was heavy : hard side bags, top case, one 40L soft bag, tank bag ( all GIVI ) and a wife ... nevertheless handling, stability and breaking was good, the only thing I would ask Honda for   is a little bit of torque but not a big problem, the clutch is there for it and works perfectly .

For the first time in my life I used the heated grips and I think it's a good feature to have

I had goretex alpinestar gloves, temperature was 2-5 ° C windy and rainy up north ( didn't catch the midnight sun ) and the third level was fine 
Wind protection : I had the power bronze double bubble That's ok but I remember the zero gravity one on my previous 6th gen to be better, but many years have passed, not 100% sure

Another thing I've noticed I feel the pegs to be slightly  higher  respect the 6th but then again, many years and another bike in between ( Triumph ST 1050 ) I'm not sure, I think I'd like them a bit lower but maybe I'm just growing old
Has anyone measured it, found any difference ?

Tyre equipment : Metzeller Roadtec 01 : very very good in the wet, good cornering even if I don't think I tested to the max with full load bike, good consumption : obviously the rear is wearing in the center but at least 60% of the trip was on the strait for long stint ( 600 to 1000 Km/day ) but after 10 thousand Km it has still to be finished... a bit noisy if I can say

All in  all a great trip : great roads, lots of reindeers, lots of tunnels and bridges, ferries and a lovely bike that was perfect !

IMG_7533.JPG

IMG_7594.JPG

IMG_7600.JPG

IMG_7870.JPG

IMG_8044.JPG

IMG_7805.JPG

Fantastic trip! I would really like to see some more pics and maybe info on what route you took. I've been to Norway on motorbike a few times and I really enjoy it.

From Italy to Malmo in Sweden I went for the highway , the fastest way to get north

From Malmo I went to Gotheborg to catch the E45 as a Sweden guy I met suggest me . And it was absolutely a good tip, very beautiful road, lots of forest and lakes, almost no traffic at all.

Then I crossed Finland to go to Alta, where I met my wife.Together we went north to Nordkapp

After that we went south for the Norwegian coast :  Tromso , Lofoten, Trondheim, Kristiansund, Alesund and finally Bergen

My wife flied back to italy from Bergen as I headed back to Larvik to take the ferry to Denmark and the on highways again

Road map coming soon ...

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7813.JPG

IMG_7877.JPG

IMG_7908.JPG

fullsizeoutput_30bf.jpeg

IMG_8023.JPG

IMG_7609.JPG

Wow, totally awesome trip. I did a work exchange to Norway as a student many years ago and it is such a beautiful place.

I just completed a 2100 km ride which now feels completely wimpy. How did your hands hold up? And did you make any adjustments to the handlebars or grips?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived