Talking to Myself

• Member Contributer

Last week I bought a time machine at Costco, so this morning I set the dial to five years in the past so I could talk to my 2012 self:

Me: Hey, good news. You’re going to own two bikes. And at the same time!

2012 Me: Wow, that’s great! I guess that means I’m going to be divorced, huh?

Me: No, but the bathroom will be significally better looking.

2012 Me: Whew! So, what kinda bikes?

Me: Well, they’re both v-twins.

2012 Me: Damn, that sucks. I guess now you’re going to tell me that I’ll trailer them to Sturgis wearing my licensed orange and black lifestyle outfit. Excuse me, I have to go jump off a bridge.

Me: No, no wait! It’s not that bad. But you will finally jump onto the ADV bandwagon. A Multistrada.

2012 Me: But why? The last year I didn’t own a VFR was 1985!

Me: Well, Honda will detune the 1200 to make an ADV. And they will bring back the 800 as a really sweet-looking 8th gen. But over the next few years Honda falls way, way behind the Europeans in electronic rider aids. After almost 50,000 great miles your decision will be to invest a lot of time and money to upgrade the 7th gen, or trade it. And the new KTM SD GT will just be too damn ugly.

2012 Me: OK, I guess I get it. At least I don’t become one of those geeks that wears an Aerostitch suit all the time.

Me: No comment.

2012 Me: What else happens in the future? A Honda V4 superbike?

Me: Nope. But be careful what you wish for, that’s divorce court for sure.

2012 Me: And I guess Buell goes under again?

Me: Of course.

2012 Me: Any more advice from the future?

Me: Well, if you park the VFR in Calistoga in 2015 try to keep the bike upright, OK? Just minor plastic damage but a tipover will really make you feel like an idiot. And paying up front for a Fusar might not be the best decision. Any advice for me from 2012?

2012 Me: Umm…no offense intended but you might want to hit the treadmill a little more often.

Me: Hey, you’re me, deal with it. Anything else?

2012 Me: Well, you’ve never owned a 5th gen…

I'd love to have every freaking bike on planet if i could afford them
One each day. That would be great. Even that roofed scooter from bmw, i'll definetly try every one of them to say why yes and why not.
I'm sure all of them have their pros and cons

4 hours ago, St. Stephen said:

Last week I bought a time machine at Costco, so this morning I set the dial to five years in the past

Only five years?

Pfffft. :tongue:

• Member Contributer
On 7/3/2017 at 2:58 PM, vegaquark said:

I'd love to have every freaking bike on planet if i could afford them emoji23.png
One each day. That would be great. Even that roofed scooter from bmw, i'll definetly try every one of them to say why yes and why not.
I'm sure all of them have their pros and cons

I keep waiting for someone to roll out a Bike-of-the-Month Club! I would sign up in a second. Insurance could be pricey though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived